Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime  (Read 3777 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07192007

So many instruments murdered by Ray.   Why are they all on the floor?  Does a artifact of someone's youth elevate it beyond a six-hundo?

My own six-hundo?  Posting this without the link.  I'm sorry to make this worse for all of us.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:56:38 am by smick »
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:55:11 am »

I'm sure "Ray stepping on a sequence of musical instruments on the floor" seemed like a hilarious idea on those weed hours of the morning, Chris, but, really...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 12:05:51 pm »

Assuming that someone is playing the bass line on that horn, Ray has destroyed an entire power trio.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 12:06:29 pm »

weed hours of the morning
Best typo in the world, or coining a perfect phrase for that time of day.

I actually really liked this one, I always dig the sentimental but hilarious one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 12:08:12 pm »

Ok, I... I made a poll? Please check my poll?

(And why do I think ending my sentences with question marks will put you people in a less antagonistic state of mind? Do I think maybe that this tone makes me sound like the lolcat that eated the cookie he had baked?)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 12:48:23 pm »

Yes it's contrived but panels 3 and 4 are totally worth it.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 12:56:53 pm »

(And why do I think ending my sentences with question marks will put you people in a less antagonistic state of mind? Do I think maybe that this tone makes me sound like the lolcat that eated the cookie he had baked?)

I'm almost never antagonistic here, however, you know any anger I may have has just got to be erased by such whom what eated something.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 04:21:20 pm »

What's weird is that I also had a childhood drum. I think I have a picture of it somewhere.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 06:37:09 pm »

Too many small letters in this thread! Too many!

Also, our shortening of "hundred" was "hundy".

Is this a regional thing?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 06:51:07 pm »

I think we gave my childhood drum away at some point. I have fond memories of that thing.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 07:13:29 pm »

This is kind of poignant, in a weird way.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 07:19:45 pm »

The look on Ray's face and the teeny Pfooooooooo makes it for me.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 09:16:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure mr. bear is just scamming Ray out of $600.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 09:59:02 pm »

Jesus, Cornelius! Laying the guilt on with a trowel and bulldozer.

...Ray deserves it, though.

Also, have I mentioned that I used to work with a dude named Cornelius, and his nickname was indeed Connie? The first few times I passed by his office and saw the nameplate I figured it was some lady with a frosted-blonde permed helmet of realtor-like hair and mercilessly tweezed eyebrows. But no, Conne is a dude.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 10:04:47 pm »

I don't know. The billiard hustle was one thing and this would be another. Ray was asking to be scammed that time (and the time with the Olympics) and I don't think Cornelius would resort to emotional blackmail over six hundred dollars. It's not gentlemanly and there's no real need for it when Ray is easy to remove dollars from in honest fashion (i.e. gambling).

But seriously, stop leaving this shit on the floor.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up