Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime  (Read 3787 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 12:34:48 am »

Too many small letters in this thread! Too many!

Also, our shortening of "hundred" was "hundy".

Is this a regional thing?

Dunno... we just say "hunn'ert" like normal people here.

The real question is... is the p in "pfooo" silent or not?
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 03:21:34 am »

I would say it's not silent, but not quite enunciated; imagine just blowing air through your lips even though you're holding them shut.  P-fooooooooo
Logged
~

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 03:22:12 am »

I got the opportunity to say "four large" today when I had to get cash from the bank teller for rent. When Showbiz was telling Beef that he was into Rockford Fosgate "five large" was that $500? Since Beef used the "G" for "grand" or "thousand", I'm guessing that Biz was down five Franklins.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 03:35:57 am »

I always took it to mean $5000.  Beef gave him $2K cause that was all he had with him.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 03:40:33 am »

yeah, maybe it's just where I am with my life, but $500 ain't much, really, in the grand scheme of things.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 04:03:33 am »

Maybe it's just my situation, but I would love it if you gave me $500.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 06:47:38 am »

More saliently, can $500 even buy you the kind of ridiculous bleeding-edge stereo systems Biz was apparently buying? I always thought it was 5K, myself.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 04:09:43 pm »

I'm no goomba, but I'm pretty sure "large" is in thousands.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 04:39:34 pm »

I'm no goomba, but I'm pretty sure "large" is in thousands.

The teller was asking me if I wanted large bills, I guess. I had to specify that I wanted four large.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up