Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portland's Linnea  (Read 2004 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Portland's Linnea
« on: July 19, 2007, 11:48:29 am »

I found this when I was walking in an area Portland called "The Pearl".  Thought you might enjoy the picture. 

Some background from Swedish Landmarks in Oregon.

Two blocks west of Immanuel Lutheran Church is Linnea Hall at 2066 Northwest Irving Street (between Northwest Twentieth and Northwest Twenty-first Avenues). The Swedish Society Linnea was one of the oldest Swedish societies in the Pacific Northwest and the only independent Swedish Lodge in Portland. Organized in 1888 as Svenska Bröderna (The Swedish Brothers), the group four years later changed the name to Svenska Sällskapet Linnéa, and this name appears on the cornerstone laid in 1910.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:13:58 pm »

You hang out in the Pearl? Snob.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:00:55 pm »

Heh! smick, what an unexpected gem of a landmark. I love it. I'll be saving that picture posthaste. Awesome.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:22:41 am »

You hang out in the Pearl? Snob.

Cinema 21, Beau Thai, and Pizza Oasis.

How can I avoid the place?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 03:50:37 am »

Cinema 21, Beau Thai, and Pizza Oasis.

How can I avoid the place?

As long as you don't live in one of those goddamned condos.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:15:16 am »

As long as you don't live in one of those goddamned condos.

No, I live in Oregon City.   It works, since I commute to Salem for work.   I didn't want to move to Oregon, from Spokane WA, to live in Salem.  Screw that.   I want Portland at my disposal.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:06:10 am »

According to google maps it takes 57 min to get from Oregon City to Salem and 54 to get from Portland to Salem.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 11:30:09 am »

I don't drive from those places, to that other place.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 12:51:01 pm »

Quote from: smick
I found this when I was walking in an area Portland called "The Pearl".

Quote from: linnea
Heh! smick, what an unexpected gem of a landmark.

I hate you all.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 06:12:26 pm »

I hate you all.

Heh. You love the puns, admit it.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Portland's Linnea
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 03:30:57 am »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up