Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage  (Read 3468 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

It's time for a trip to Nintendoland... for a crash course... in KNOWLEEEEEDDDDDDDDGGEE!!!!

Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Truly awesome. I wonder where it came from? Doesn't look like someone knocked it together in flash but I'm terrified by the idea that someone actually used mario's mustache for pubic hair in a genuine sex education video.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Truly awesome. I wonder where it came from? Doesn't look like someone knocked it together in flash but I'm terrified by the idea that someone actually used mario's mustache for pubic hair in a genuine sex education video.

Well, ostensibly the American Board of Education (Honest ABE) commissioned this per the Youtube description, and the extreme uncoolness of this has all the hallmarks of educators trying to be "hip" and "reach the kids"on "their own level". Probably farmed out to some committee who in turn farmed it out to a "with-it" public relations group. I'm almost certain that the figures used are unlicensed, though I'm fairly sure that Nintendo has some sort of intellectual property clause allowing unrestricted use of its character likenesses for educational purposes.

Wow, I think I just engaged in the first known case of fan-NON-fiction.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile

Are you sure is wasn't just someone who ripped a bunch of clips out of old episodes of Captain N and then added in their own voiceover and effects? It seems way too tongue-in-cheek to be genuine (no matter what the youtube description may claim).
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Are you sure is wasn't just someone who ripped a bunch of clips out of old episodes of Captain N and then added in their own voiceover and effects? It seems way too tongue-in-cheek to be genuine (no matter what the youtube description may claim).

It's plausible, but this seems like an awful lot of work for a relatively lame punchline.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

I saw this on another site and the consensus was that it's a hoax. The voices aren't quite right, for one thing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I could've sworn that Captain N was playing Punch-Out during the opening credits of the show. But maybe they changed that when Mike Tyson was removed from the game.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

this is...

the voices creep me out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

In that curious way relatively innocuous sources of humour can cause ridiculously inappropriate bodily response, Luigi's voice in this video made me laugh so hard I fell off my chair, whereafter I knocked my guitar over, popping a helium balloon I was saving for later. Thanks, Bobby.

In all seriousness however, that was great. I can only pray for its authenticity.

(I've always had trouble with the its)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:06:38 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

His, hers, its. It's trivial to get it right, people.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

It trivial to get her right.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up