Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: i was just carjacked at gunpoint  (Read 7991 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« on: July 27, 2007, 07:40:57 am »

yea, how about that shit? Ass hole cold stuck a gun in the window and ordered me to chauffeur him around. he was a total dick about it too! All playing the hip hop music at 100% volume, dancing, waving his gun around and yelling to the lyrics. Then after taking him to wherever the hell i was, he took my wallet. So now i literally have no money. credit and debit cards are dead and my cash was jacked! What a country!

Actual scene from the worst event of my life:
Carjacker: (attempts to light a cigarette)
Me: Hey! You can't smoke in here, this is my mom's car! (rolls down window)
Carjacker: (total look of surprise, gun still pointed at me) You've gotta be fuckin kidding me.

Tomorrow: steve miller, the doobs, ocean of beer.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:05:30 am »

What, the guy is riding around in your car and you don't introduce yourself?  You just called him carjacker the whole time?  He has a name alright. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 10:46:23 am »

Christ, mate. I'm no fan of eye-for-an-eye style revenge, but I hope the bastard gets his comeuppance. My wallet was stolen recently, but it bears little relation in terms of seriousness.

Also, serious respect in standing up for your mother when faced with a boomstick.

Here's hoping there's a good ending to this, of any sort.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:16:54 am »

Me: Hey! You can't smoke in here, this is my mom's car! (rolls down window)

You either have huge stones, no brains or you were just doing that thing where people focus on small details because the rest of their brain is busy shitting itself in terror.
Either way good story.
Major bastard about your stuff though, at least he didn't try to take the car.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:10:23 pm »

A-CAP, that straight up sucks the cock.  Sorry you had to deal with that, but it sounds like you managed it well.

I have no controle over it, and it is not an active choice on my part, but when life flips into danger mode, an unconscious shift occurs, and my mind becomes Zen-calm - everything melts away, and my even-sounding inner voice calmly provides me with narration and instruction.  This has happened several times, and in a couple situations, has saved my life and the life of at least one other person.  I think back on these occasions, and while I know it was impossible that these situations were actually silent, I remember them as noiseless, with only my own inner-voice rationally telling me what to do.  I take it as one of the rare gifts of an unhealthy childhood that my survival mechanism is sharp as a fuckin' knife.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:15:05 pm »

um, that basically sucks reproductive organ.

now I am thinking about this one time I picked up a guy on the side of the road whose car was out of gas.
he kept saying "haha, most people probably would have thought I was gonna kill 'em and dump 'em in a ditch! ain't that a laugh!"
and I would just nervously laugh and kind of drive a little faster...
the only similar part was that he took the liberty to change the radio station to... something playing Billy Idol? and started blasting it and singing along.

anyway, that is a bullshit thing to happen.

PS my survival mechanism is complete bullshit. it's all "ching chong wing wong!" and I'm all "hey, guy with gun... didn't your mama ever teach you that guns are bad! come ere, I may as well sock you!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »

That ain't good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 04:24:19 pm »

There is something disturbing about the idea of being murdered by a hobo while Billy Idol plays in the background.  It's like the period at the end of a sentence you know... Like all... White Wedding is playing while your head gets smashed in by a crowbar... "It's a nice day to... START AGAAAIN!"

I am glad this did not happen.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:29:16 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 04:25:48 pm »

First time I read that through as Billy Joel and that came across as a lot creepier for me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:54:27 pm »

That really is a shit thing to happen to a dude.  I can't imagine what it must be like to have to go through that kind of experience.  Glad you were able to come away from it in one piece.

When I was in high school, a girl I knew was *almost* carjacked at knifepoint in downtown Atlanta.  The guy had grabbed her from behind as she was getting into her vehicle, but she told him she needed to get her keys out of her purse and when he let go she wheeled around and kneed him in the groin.  She managed to get away before he could react.  Definitely a risky move, but once you're already inside the vehicle a lot of times you'll wind up getting killed no matter what you do.  It's good to know you were luckier than that.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 06:01:04 pm »

there's an awkward thing where every time I walk down this street right by school, my friend Katie declares that she is not coming, because her friend got mugged at gunpoint there.

basically, having anything happen "at gunpoint" is a shitty thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 06:35:59 pm »

I was mugged at knife point once.  I fought my way out of it, but I lost my drugs (that's what they were after) and got a cute little scar on my arm.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:44:40 pm »

I read a neighbourhood paper where they showed - via stats-  that it is basically just a matter of time before I get mugged, along with quotes from neighbours who have been mugged two or three times.  I really worry about my iPod, and keep my keys in a separate pocket at all times.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 07:24:35 pm »

I am like smells in that I have an odd ability to focus amid a crisis, but I had a pretty happy childhood so maybe it's just a brain chemistry/personality thing. 

This is nothing like being carjacked at gunpoint, and I have to say that A-CAP must also have a pretty good survival instinct (telling the guy he can't smoke in his mom's car aside), to stay calm and not panic and be able to come home and be like, "wow, let me post on a message board about this instead of dissolving into a puddle of fear and self-pity." 

However, I had a mama-bear variety crisis recently which involved my child slipping his entire body through a 5-inch gap in the fencing that surrounds a local playground, and standing on the kiddie-train track while the train was exiting a tunnel about 30 feet from where he was standing.  What I didn't realize before leaping the 4' iron fence was that this particular section of track is no longer in use, although the bit of track 10 feet to the left certainly was.  I think the creepiest part about this is that I have no memory of actually hopping the fence.  I saw him slip through, started running towards him, thought "there is no way I am going to be able to do this," and the next thing I knew I was holding him and scolding him violently between equally violent kisses. 

Of course if it had come down to it I'm sure the train engineer would have been able to stop the train before any injury came to him.  But if he'd slipped through nearer to the tunnel there's no way the engineer would have been able to see him before he stepped onto the track, let alone stop in time.  I keep meaning to write a letter to the city, but daily life keeps getting in the way. 

The point is, not to hijack the thread, I am glad that A-CAP didn't get blown up and I admire his ability to not be a pansy at gunpoint.  Way to bring the strong sack. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 09:14:58 pm »

Yeah, nice work on the cig line man.  Hilarious.


Sorry that this happened to you.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up