Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Simpsons Movie  (Read 4758 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Simpsons Movie
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:54:21 pm »

I'm going to see it tonight.  I'm pretty excited about it.  More than I thought I would be.

Also, come hell or high water, I'm gonna get me a Simpsons popcorn tub.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:31:05 pm »

I really want to go see it. But I can't think of anyone that would go with me.

I am pretty close, at this point, to going by myself.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 10:27:18 pm »

I really want to go see it. But I can't think of anyone that would go with me.

I am pretty close, at this point, to going by myself.

I'm away at my parents right now, and the SO will be at her sister's next week, so I can't see it until like mid-August. Hell of lame.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 12:30:53 am »

I saw it at a midnight showing. It was pretty good.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 01:18:23 am »

I really want to go see it. But I can't think of anyone that would go with me.

I am pretty close, at this point, to going by myself.

Damn dude. I want to go see it. But I haven't been to the movies in years. I've never gone to the movies with my wife, and if I go to a movie without her - especially with a near-stranger from "that Achewood board you read," I'd have to move into your room when you go back to STL because I'd get kicked out.

I'd offer to go as a group, but her aunt died this morning and she'll be going out of town for a few days. If you haven't rectified the situation when she gets back, we may need to talk.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 02:37:15 am »

My wife is seeing it with a friend of ours. I wish I was home.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 03:22:06 am »

It was great.  Totally worth it.  There were even a few moments where I welled up a bit.  The laughs were consistent and they took advantage of the big screen quite well.  I'll talk about the details once more of you have seen it, so as to not spoil it.  I highly recommend it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 06:20:59 am »

golfhaus-- that would have been intense. Instead, though, I went to the movie theater at Stonecrest and saw it with my little sister. she really liked it. I also really liked it.

Everyone in the theater basically laughed through the whole movie, so I'd say it was a success.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 09:44:31 pm »

I know this movie will be a complete rape, but I think I don't have a choice to avoid seeing it.

I think I have seen every Simpson's episode at least once.  That is a lot of time that I have invested into the series; it is probably worth my time to see it on the big screen instead of just waiting to inconsequentially see it for free.  But man, do the trailers look awful.

But that's it, now.  Now that the movie has finally been released, I think it's safe to say the Simpsons are officially dead.  I can't imagine the series going on much longer, maybe a season, possibly two.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 09:59:44 pm »

The movie is ill timed in my opinion... by that I mean releasing a feature film about a cartoon that everyone stopped watching 3-5 years ago. But like the rest of you, I have to see it, but I'll opt for watching the bootleg online if my SO isn't up to going out tonight.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 10:56:00 pm »

Quote from: Yogi Berra
Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 11:28:32 pm »

I'd offer to go as a group, but her aunt died this morning and she'll be going out of town for a few days.

I initially parsed that as the deceased aunt was going out of town.  I was wondering if taxidermy was involved.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 01:54:19 am »

I saw it last week.  As a film it sucked, of course, but it was funny as shit, so that makes up for it.

It's no South Park movie, but I was entertained throughout the length of the film.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 02:56:08 am »

"Welcome to Alaska, Here's a thousand dollars!"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 03:07:08 am »

Well, it was to compensate for the rape of the land, though. Context, man.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up