Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fertitta's Deli  (Read 2644 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Fertitta's Deli
« on: July 29, 2007, 10:44:03 pm »

I spent my first seven years in Shreveport Louisiana.  I have pretty fond memories of living there.  One of the things I remember was getting muffuletta sandwiches from a little mom and pop grocery store called Fertitta's.  I think maybe it was the two historic houses demolished in my neighborhood on the same day that has got me feeling pretty down about the state of "progress," but for whatever reason I started thinking about that old sandwich shop with it's wood floors and screen door.  And those sandwiches, omg.  I did a little google search and discovered that it still exists.  It gave me a good feeling that something of my youth remains.

V, you are in Shreveport right?  You should check it out and report back to me.  Tell me it's still the same as it used to be.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 10:52:25 pm »

I'm about an hour out of Shreve, but the next time I'm there, I'll check in for ya. And get pictures.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 10:54:54 pm »

I'm about an hour out of Shreve

Rustin?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 11:14:25 pm »

Natchitoches.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 11:28:38 pm »

Hell, you're halfway to Houston.  Come see me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 11:35:43 pm »

I've thought about doing a big Ark-La-Tex road trip, actually. If I get it together, I'll stop by.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 12:17:12 am »

Natchitoches.

Poetry.

This thread makes me happy. My childhood sandwich is extinct but I am glad that not everyone's is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 12:36:50 am »

Sandwiches go extinct? Ah fuck. I'll probably never have a ketchup & mayonnaise ghetto sandwich again, then.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 01:01:28 am »

Sandwiches go extinct? Ah fuck. I'll probably never have a ketchup & mayonnaise ghetto sandwich again, then.

Like this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 03:11:07 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fertitta's Deli
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 03:57:56 am »

It has to have mayo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up