Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)  (Read 10497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2007, 02:31:23 am »

... the time they do it in Pulp Fiction, that is "cool?"
That is terrifying. That is not cool.

also, that was adrenaline.

Epi is also spelled adrenalin, adrenaline, etc.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 05:15:31 am »

You have to admit that adrenaline sounds much cooler.  Nobody talks about something exciting giving them an epinephrine rush.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 06:09:48 am »

oh, wow, I think if I had thought it through I would have figured it out.

but that's because I have too much faith in myself being able to figure out Facts just by thinking. you know... without knowing the facts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 05:14:03 pm »

oh, wow, I think if I had thought it through I would have figured it out.

but that's because I have too much faith in myself being able to figure out Facts just by thinking. you know... without knowing the facts.

That will serve you well in twenty years when you make it to the White House.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 06:15:25 pm »

You have to admit that adrenaline sounds much cooler.  Nobody talks about something exciting giving them an epinephrine rush.

Epi is used more in a medical context, it's Greek for "on (epi-) the kidneys (nephros-)" which is where your little adrenal glands are perched. Adrenalin means the same thing, but in Latin. Nephrologists are physicians who specialize in kidney related disorders, which is why I remember epinephrine.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 06:55:33 pm »

proof that I am REQUIRED to be a language dork forever (especially for the next several years):
But why do they both end in "ine"? Is that an ending common to both languages (I doubt this), or is this an example of that thing I hate (possibly called a Portmanteau? but that term is not specific enough) where they put together latinate and greek(ate? grecian?) roots. Hmm, what -is- that called? I should spend 2 hours looking for that term on wikipedia.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2007, 05:03:34 am »

Epi is used more in a medical context

In the US, maybe.  Pretty much everywhere else calls it adrenaline.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up