Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within  (Read 2584 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
« on: October 13, 2003, 08:22:40 pm »

Hey kids,

I know a lot of you are graphics artists, artists, photographers, etc.

I'm starting a web site for film discussion - not weekly reviews - just general essay and commentary on worthy films.

Anyway, I need a logo and don't have the time or effort.  So I need to hire someone.

Before I posted something on a web designers bulletin board I figured I'd ask here first.  Payment is negotiable (cash, services like web hosting, web programming in exchange, etc.).

I'm looking for either an ORIGINAL photograph or an original drawing featuring film cans, a film reel, etc. with film coming out of it.  Or something like that.  I'm flexible.  If you have an idea for a logo for http://www.cinema-review.com, let me know, and we can discuss terms.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 09:37:51 pm »

Also, did anyone ever get some Achewood emoticons together?  Not to diss Jough's choices here, but I'm big on being topical, you know?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 10:11:22 pm »

JL, your post was very off-topic.  Ten whacks with a wet noodle.

Yeah, post your emoticons and I guess we can vote on them or something.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 08:18:27 am »

The um, position has been filled.

Mr. Slink did a FABULOUS job with this.  You can see a very small scaled-down result of his efforts here:

http://cinema-review.com

Please note that the site has no content yet.  But dang isn't that film reel just awesome?

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 11:31:30 pm »

Quite awesome. Who needs content? Mad props, slinky.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 01:55:02 am »

Hey, jough, whatever happened to your "art" gallery? Updated Onstadly? I can't even seem to remember where it lives any more.

Which is sad, sort of- I rather miss the punny images.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 01:59:54 am »

Yeah, that's another idea that is updated "whenever I get a new punny idea".

I like working on web sites more than trying to fumble awkwardly around with Photoshop.

It's here, though:

http://jough.com/galleria/
Pages: [1]   Go Up