Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: quick question re: poster sale  (Read 13032 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
quick question re: poster sale
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:52:20 pm »

has anyone bought the Cartiledge Head poster? I am not sure what I think about it. As of right now, I am buying the "Achewood," poster, and I am debating whether to get the GOF ad or the cartiledge head poster.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:57:59 pm »

If you don't buy all three posters, the terrorists have won.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:20:25 pm »

having three (actually, four) achewood posters up in a small, 1-person dorm room...
well, I love achewood, but I also love rock music and good movies. and those posters, you know, they know how to throw their weight around.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:38:33 pm »

That's why your institution of higher learning saw fit to put a ceiling in your room.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:53:04 pm »

so simple, yet so elegant.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:42:38 pm »

Aren't boys your age supposed to put posters of scantilly clad ladies up on their ceilings, so that they can gaze at them fondly while enjoying themselves?  If this is the case, I worry that Cartilage Head my effect you in a not so good way during these formative years.  "Oh Jenna, yes, Jenna, now break your own mother fuckin' head Jenna!"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 11:19:48 pm »

Aren't boys your age supposed to put posters of scantilly clad ladies up on their ceilings, so that they can gaze at them fondly while enjoying themselves?  If this is the case, I worry that Cartilage Head my effect you in a not so good way during these formative years.  "Oh Jenna, yes, Jenna, now break your own mother fuckin' head Jenna!"

I might not need to know this much about him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 01:25:14 am »

no, I normally do not put pictures of scantily clad ladies on my wall/ceiling.

basically the ladies on my wall are Scarlett and Audrey

non-ladies: kurt cobain, miles davis, jimi hendrix, bob dylan

for a while after I first moved in, I constantly had dreams about Jimi Hendrix tuning his guitar (since that is what he was doing in the poster directly next to my pillow). It occurs to me that this was a sign to put the Scarlett poster there, but I enjoyed having dreams about meeting Jimi Hendrix.

I think it says something healthy (?) about me that I can't think of any other attractive females I'd like to have pictures of in my room, other than, you know, girls I know in real life. But a life-size portrait of (NAMES REMOVED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT) would just be... going too far.

Maybe I could put up pictures of everyone I know at WashU, but just make those couple of ones really big? would that work?

anyway, I bought the cartilage head and "achewood" ones.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 03:43:07 pm »

they can gaze at them fondly while enjoying themselves?
Don't you mean gaze at them enjoyingly while fondling themselves?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 03:47:27 pm »

Don't you mean gaze at them enjoyingly while fondling themselves?

Yes.  I did mean that.  Or I meant that too.  Or, whatever. 

I am filthy sometimes, is what I'm saying.

Did ever tell you folks that at around 12 I had a poster of a teen heart throb of the day on my wall, and that I would kiss it when no one was around?  Is this... is this... okay?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 04:06:29 pm »

Did ever tell you folks that at around 12 I had a poster of a teen heart throb of the day on my wall, and that I would kiss it when no one was around?  Is this... is this... okay?

Far from!  It is RAD.  It's pretty awesome to be excited about things.   As I get on, it gets harder and harder to just be abjectly excited about things.  Poster of Kirk Cameron or not.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 04:27:55 pm »

Here you go, Smick


Hmm, he's aging better than some child stars, that's for sure...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 07:34:55 pm »


Hmm, he's aging better than some child stars, that's for sure...


Yabbut Bonaduce always looked like he could be an extra in a Planet of the Apes movie without any additional makeup.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 08:00:17 am »

Did ever tell you folks that at around 12 I had a poster of a teen heart throb of the day on my wall, and that I would kiss it when no one was around?  Is this... is this... okay?

Smick is right there is nothing wrong with being excited about things and having a rich fantasy life rather than being resigned to the grey monotony of adulthood.

Did he stick the tongue in though?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 01:43:01 pm »

I just bought this poster. My wife asked me to get it for her. It should be home when I get there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up