Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion  (Read 5273 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:13 pm »

I'm 13, but I live in Canton, goddamn it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 09:39:23 pm »

When I was doing archival research last week, I ran across some transcripts of radio "interviews" given by a certain lady bureaucrat in the DOL, and as it turns out, the Women's Bureau just handed the interviewers a list of questions and the interviewee, the charming and brilliant Frieda Miller (with whom I am sure you are all familiar), would simply read her prepared responses off the script.  This included such nuggets as, "Oh, that's an excellent question," and, in response to a glowing introduction, "that was so flattering, I do hope I can live up to it."  She gave the same interview to half a dozen different interviewers over the course of a month, wrote a new one, and started again. 

Now, I'm not saying Onstad does that -- who would say such a terrible thing? -- but I'm just throwing this story out there, because, you know, interviews, and stuff. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 09:40:39 pm »

Also, thanks for the scans, Cort.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 11:22:09 pm »

Cort, I would say thank you, but this really is the level of service we've come to expect and, therefore, take for granted from a man who has his own verb. 

For reals. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 01:48:02 am »

It's strange to see him standing with his creations.  There's something off about it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 03:32:12 am »

Here's a 2-page PDF of the interview assembled from CourtJstr's .png files.

OnionOnstadPrint.pdf

It's a little on the huge side. Sorry. Nevertheless.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 04:03:16 am »

Awright, who's going to get us a powerpoint up in this piece?

Thanks Hudson.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 05:11:39 am »

Awright, who's going to get us a powerpoint up in this piece?

I apparently have way too much time on my hands.

OnionOnstadPrint.ppt

Anyone need it as a Targa file or MacWrite document?
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 05:58:57 am »

I apparently have way too much time on my hands.

OnionOnstadPrint.ppt

Anyone need it as a Targa file or MacWrite document?

How do I know that clicking on that won't give my computer Comic Sans.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 07:57:49 pm »

How do I know that clicking on that won't give my computer Comic Sans.

Hell of cans for you.  Comic Sans is an STD now.  Ha ha ha ha.

Cans for Hudson too.  Bravo.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 09:04:28 pm »

The Onion not only has a print edition, but it's distributed in newspaper boxes here in Chicago (where they're based) next to the <ahem> legitimate newspapers.

Also, hold your hosss, people.  There will be an expanded web interview posted online next week for their comics feature.

Anyway, yeah, I love that I can pick up a copy of The Onion on the way out of the local supermarket.  I read it online for years - it's kinda surreal to see people reading it on the train.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 09:14:52 pm »

The first print edition that came out in this area had a front page story about a recall of defective pug dogs:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dog_breeders_issue_massive_recall

I was walking the pugs a couple days later and a woman stopped to pet them and asked me, all excited, if I'd seen that article. I had to break it to her that everything in The Onion is a joke.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 09:30:22 pm »

The first print edition that came out in this area had a front page story about a recall of defective pug dogs:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dog_breeders_issue_massive_recall

I was walking the pugs a couple days later and a woman stopped to pet them and asked me, all excited, if I'd seen that article. I had to break it to her that everything in The Onion is a joke.

HEE!!! Wasn't there a Taiwanese or Chinese newspaper agency that mistook the "Senators strike for a new Congress building" seriously and didn't do any fact-checking before they ran it as an actual news story? Heh. I love the Onion.

Goddamn, it hurts to type today. My right wrist feels like it's channeling an arthritic old lady. Even Icy-Hot doesn't help. It's the damned 1977 280Z that I've been driving. The gearbox is hell of jilapidated and my wrist is killing me. I need to figure something out fast so my wrist doesn't fall off.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 02:47:01 pm »

Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood interview in Wednesday's print edition of The Onion
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 03:52:27 pm »

Possibly dumb question: Is this the first time we have seen the dude in photograph?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up