Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy crap we turned 4  (Read 6198 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:17:31 am »

I have met zero. My friend Sarah met Hobot, though. And slept in her room (she was visiting Smith). I live within a mile of Q, but he doesn't want to hang out I think. Golfhaus lives pretty close to me, too. Every time I drive by the Quaker Steak and Lube I think of him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 04:57:26 am »

I haven't been in this house as long as most of you but I will say it is a good house.

The furniture is mostly clean and I am allergic to nothing yet.

I salute this internet house.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 07:58:06 am »

I have met no one and will live out my days in lonely isolation, as all those sentenced to transportation must.

I wonder if the board is developing properly? Shouldn't it be having more interactions with similarly aged boards at this time?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 01:12:53 pm »

Ha!  I've met four - that's one per year.  I wonder who'll I'll get to meet this year...

Well DC is just lovely in ... uh ... well about a week in the spring and maybe part of the fall. Otherwise it's humid and buggy or snowy and grey.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 01:39:53 pm »

I'm willing to take the bull by the horns and meet Ash.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 04:16:39 pm »

Quote from: Catie del Vaca
Caaaaaaaaaaake!
Yummy cake.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 09:13:06 pm »

Yeah, I should host a Chicago Achefest or something.

I'm pretty sure there are least 3-4 of us.  Plus St. Louis ain't far, people.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 09:18:48 pm »

hell yes, that means me!

I figured out that there is this cool bus that only costs 50$ round trip. that is awesome, as I have multiple friends at UChicago, too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 09:19:08 pm »

Yeah, I should host a Chicago Achefest or something.

I think you should post a link to your doughnut eating contest.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 09:26:15 pm »

When are you guys gonna be in Chicago?

Cuz... I'm jobless and it would be ridiculously fun to go for a couple of days. I might even have enough airline miles saved up.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 10:34:14 pm »

If the timing is right, I would try to convince the wife to let me out for a weekend.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 01:54:43 am »

um, just not until mid-september or so, por favor. I am going to have a shit-ton of work this year-- taking a bunch of classes for my major, Arabic (second year is apparently a mega-bitch), plus I have a new and exciting radio station job (I have no idea how much time this will entail-- oops!)-- so it might be best to let myself get into some sort of schedule before I mess around.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 11:59:16 pm »

Happy Birthday, lovely board.

If anyone has reason to travel to this small island, let me know and I'll take you out for a drink. That's if you're comfortable with meeting a 17 year old at least.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 12:34:32 am »

I know everyone hates me and all, but Id have a drink with anyone passing through the city NYC.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Holy crap we turned 4
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 01:14:52 am »

NYC and England-- both places I'd love to go.
But for real, I have a bunch of friends going to school in NYC next year (A-CAP, Sarah Lawrence, some small theater school) and I may be there some day. But, I am only 19, so, not "getting a drink" per se.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up