Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Flat on my back  (Read 12480 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Flat on my back
« on: August 03, 2007, 04:00:51 pm »

...and not in the fun way, either. 

I pulled a muscle in my back this morning trying to pick up my kid and I'm in bed for the rest of the day while my in-laws take him to the pool.  I have good drugs and a laptop...so...anybody have anything to entertain me with today?  Funny stories?  Links?  Heartfelt professions of undying devotion? 

If you guys don't come though, I might be forced to work on my master's thesis. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 04:10:19 pm »

How about breakfast around the world?

I've been more or less flat on my back with a migraine the last couple days and I got a fair amount of entertainment out of that. However, my condition, unlike yours, makes me kind of mentally deficient, so your standards may be higher.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:13:30 pm »

I don't know why, but I thought you might be interested in learning about the up-coming Golden Girls Gone Wild show.  (NSW)

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 04:18:30 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:26:49 pm »

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 05:02:01 pm »

Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 05:05:23 pm »

I love the doo-dah news ticker. Lore really does reach into twisted genius territory some days.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 05:16:19 pm »

Anybody who hasn't just sat down and read through The Book of Ratings really needs to set aside a day. A day for laughter.

This is like 4 years old but the original Dr. Tran video, which I'm sure is on YouTube somewhere, is pretty damned entertaining.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 05:20:39 pm »

Oh, my.  You guys rock. 

So far, the winner has been Acts of Gord.  I used to work in a video game store, you see.  It...it speaks to me. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 05:23:00 pm »

I love the doo-dah news ticker. Lore really does reach into twisted genius territory some days.

Oh jeez. This has permanently damaged my brain. This should be labelled Not Safe for Already Marginal Mental State.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 05:27:22 pm »

Whenever I am bored, I just start making up imaginary fetishes and then I search them on google to see if they actually exist.

Good news: lots of horrifying fun.

Bad news: less faith in humanity every time I do it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 05:42:13 pm »

Oh jeez. This has permanently damaged my brain. This should be labelled Not Safe for Already Marginal Mental State.

I sent the dooh-dah ticker to Pedro.  It's infectious.  Like bird flu. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 05:52:37 pm »

I'd like to take this opportunity to profess my undying devotion to you, JL.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 06:19:36 pm »

Oh, my.  You guys rock. 

So far, the winner has been Acts of Gord.  I used to work in a video game store, you see.  It...it speaks to me. 

You should like this then, too: http://badgods.com/spareaquarter.html
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 08:09:49 pm »

Entertain you?  I was going to suggest that you entertain us with pictures of your pregnant belly.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up