Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Flat on my back  (Read 12469 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2007, 07:03:01 pm »

The worst part about mine was the dry shave. 
I won't say it was pleasant, and in fact I think I've given a detailed description here earlier.  But it really wasn't that bad.

Fellas, ask your special lady to help you shave it before the doctors visit.

Also...thinking of vast scrotal real estate made me throw up a little.

Aren't there other ways to avoid having kids? Maybe the Liberal Schooling I had was lying to me.

When you're in a long term relationship and having sex every day, birth control gets to be really damned irritating. Guys hate using condoms. Ladies hate taking birth control pills because it seriously fucks with you after years and years of use. Methods like contraceptive foam or the sponge are really only effective if used in tandem with a condom (my crap dude ex-fiance was a Sponge Baby).

When you're done having kids, permanent sterility is the way to go.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2007, 07:50:05 pm »

See, that's what I keep saying...

Yeah, I figure since I am going to be 29 a few weeks after this baby is born, and we want at least one and possibly two more after this...I will probably be around 35 before I'm done.  Considering a lot of women don't *start* having kids 'til then, that's still pretty young, but it feels old to me.  I guess because I was married at 22.  My mom was 32 when I was born and it always seemed like my friends' parents were a lot younger than mine. 

So if Pedro got snipped, it would be for ten years of convenience, plus or minus.  We would probably not do anything right away after the last one, just to be sure our family felt complete.  Unless I end up with five kids, in which case I'm going to knock him out and drag him to the hospital and get us both fixed.  And then move into a separate bedroom just to be sure. 

Adrian was supposed to be the baby, and he is instead the middle of five.  My in-laws had been told when they adopted their oldest they'd never have any, so I guess they figured they didn't need to worry about birth control.  You'd think after the third one they would have picked up on the pattern, though. 

I do have to say, if Pedro does insist on making me undergo surgery after carrying and birthing who knows how many babies, I will never, ever, ever let him forget it. 

I suppose I could just dig my heels in and tell him that it's either a vasectomy, or a lifetime supply of condoms.   

If I were really cruel, I'd calculate the cost of a vasectomy after insurance, divide that by the price per condom, and tell him that he has X number of condoms left to use, and when he runs out, we're done. 

Also:

Quote from: linnea
When you're in a long term relationship and having sex every day,

Spoken like a person who does not have small children.  I miss those days. 

But linnea's right, I cannot take the pill for Bad Medical Reasons, and condoms et al are fine for short term use but...well...that's what we were relying on when we got pregnant this time around and I do have to say that they are annoying enough that we tend to neglect their use when I'm "pretty sure" I'm "not very fertile."  So that quickly devolves into a variation on the rhythm method.  And you know what they call people who use the rhythm method. 

Parents, of course. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2007, 07:55:54 pm »

When you're in a long term relationship and having sex every day,

Whoa!  Am I supposed to be getting it EVERY DAY???  Is there, like, some kind of agency that enforces this rule or something?



Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2007, 08:35:52 pm »

Quote
When you're in a long term relationship and having sex every day,

*WEEP*

but also

*verb that means "to look forward to in a joyous way"*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2007, 08:41:23 pm »

Caution: Your Mileage May Vary. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2007, 08:42:15 pm »

So wait, there's dudes out there who aren't getting it daily? Yikes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2007, 09:18:25 pm »

A-CAP, Clay and I are going to kill you.

I was recently informed that I qualify for status as a "born again virgin."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2007, 10:38:25 pm »

Whoa!  Am I supposed to be getting it EVERY DAY???  Is there, like, some kind of agency that enforces this rule or something?





I can fix this for you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2007, 02:03:28 am »

I can fix this for you.

Oh sure. You have that many frequent flier miles?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2007, 02:43:58 am »

Ladies, ladies... please form an orderly line. I'm sure there's enough Nabu to go around.

Whoa!  Am I supposed to be getting it EVERY DAY???  Is there, like, some kind of agency that enforces this rule or something?

*WEEP*

but also

*verb that means "to look forward to in a joyous way"*

So wait, there's dudes out there who aren't getting it daily? Yikes.

Damn, people, I did not mean to start a revolution. I did not mean to lay down arbitrary laws of a LTR. Get it on at your own rate. As JL said, YMMV.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 02:49:08 am by linnea »
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2007, 03:11:45 am »

At this point I feel obligated to chime in...

When you're in a long term relationship and having sex every day,

Spoken like someone who hasn't been married for 19 years. 

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2007, 03:35:45 am »

well, we've got 10 years and three kids and we do it a fair amount. The big problem is my job schedule, I work at 3 am so I got to bed way early nowadays.

As for the snip vs abdominal surgery....what? Elinor had her tubes tied in conjunction with her C-section; it cost way less that way, was not additionally invasive (already had the incision for the c-section), already had anesthesia down there (not general anesthesia) and the doctor was already all gloved and gowned up. It worked out great.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2007, 03:52:59 am »

well, we've got 10 years and three kids and we do it a fair amount. The big problem is my job schedule, I work at 3 am so I got to bed way early nowadays.

As for the snip vs abdominal surgery....what? Elinor had her tubes tied in conjunction with her C-section; it cost way less that way, was not additionally invasive (already had the incision for the c-section), already had anesthesia down there (not general anesthesia) and the doctor was already all gloved and gowned up. It worked out great.

Yeah, but I thought that JL had natural (vaginal) deliveries. In her case it would be invasive for them to go in and perform the surgery, just like her friend who had one six weeks after delivery!! :(

One of my best friends has four brothers. His mum went in for a tubal ligation after four children, and they said, "Congratulations, Mrs. Laramie, you're pregnant again." So after she delivered the last baby, Jake, she had her tubes tied at the same time.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2007, 06:01:47 am »

Married people lose interest in sex.  At least with spouses.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:30:42 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Flat on my back
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2007, 02:35:21 pm »

Married people lose interest in sex.  At least with spouses.

This does not turn out to be the case always.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up