Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Lets be real  (Read 9412 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Lets be real
« on: August 07, 2007, 03:28:15 am »

For the men in the audience-
 I was recently watching the sopranos and i've noticed in a couple scenes the dudes do straight shots like it aint a thing. Now, im only 21 so my experience with alcohol is limited but I've had the opportunity to taste some of the finest liquors available and whether its christian brothers or remy martin XO, I feel the bite. My question is: Does the bite of liquor diminish over time, or do you just get better at not showing your pain?

(Quick edit: I know they were probably not drinking actual liquor on set, but the point still stands)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 03:34:17 am »

For the men in the audience-
 I was recently watching the sopranos and i've noticed in a couple scenes the dudes do straight shots like it aint a thing. Now, im only 21 so my experience with alcohol is limited but I've had the opportunity to taste some of the finest liquors available and whether its christian brothers or remy martin XO, I feel the bite. My question is: Does the bite of liquor diminish over time, or do you just get better at not showing your pain?

(Quick edit: I know they were probably not drinking actual liquor on set, but the point still stands)

It diminishes.  I don't like anything but ice in my liquor because otherwise it's too watery.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 03:54:55 am »

I'm a lady and I like scotch neat or on the rocks, meaning that my taste has refined and it's not uber painful to drink liquor. Some shots are gnarly but you look like a chump if you wince and grimace after a shot. Toughen up, princess.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 04:00:58 am »

I quit before it started going down easy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:01:17 am »

Shots burn like a bitch, but I'm pretty sure I am good at not wincing and such.

my roommate tried tequila for the first time (also his first shot) and did all kinds of crazy shit (OH MY fuck*ng GOD! WHY WOULD YOU DRINK THIS! *has coughing fit*)
I laughed, and so he said something to the effect of "fuck you, asshole, you try it!"
so then I just drank that shit down. I must have not made a face, because everyone started laughing pretty hard at him, and I was given the thumbs up.
also: that shit is vile. With Whiskey or whatever, I can at least understand how someone could enjoy drinking it... tequila... no.

um PS certain people will be pleased to know that the other day I drank some beer and didn't think it tasted like piss. in fact, when I was done, I wanted more. But there was none.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:58:39 am »

I have always been able to down without a wince.  Sometimes this is all show though, because, seriously - Jagarmeister?  That shit is foul.

I've always found it best to look like all is well, in life and in drink.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 06:41:35 am »

I love the taste of a good gin.  Despite that, sometimes it'll catch me funny and my head does this shimmy.   It's like the back of my head is fighting to get farther away from the front of my head, but no one's told it that they're all attached to each other.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:44:50 am »

The first alcohol I ever imbibed was shots of vodka, since then it's all been fairly smooth sailing. Straight scotch can be delicious but a little water doesn't hurt too much. I love tequila shots but it's generally something I'll do towards the end of the night, I don't think anyone wants to use tequia to get a night started. Lyle maybe.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 12:27:00 pm »

There's no judgement here ya big pussy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 03:37:11 pm »

Toughen up, princess.

Aah, linnea.  Wonderfully, beautifully, can-worthily phrased. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 04:05:30 pm »

For the men in the audience-
 I was recently watching the sopranos and i've noticed in a couple scenes the dudes do straight shots like it aint a thing. Now, im only 21 so my experience with alcohol is limited but I've had the opportunity to taste some of the finest liquors available and whether its christian brothers or remy martin XO, I feel the bite. My question is: Does the bite of liquor diminish over time, or do you just get better at not showing your pain?

(Quick edit: I know they were probably not drinking actual liquor on set, but the point still stands)

Just the men? Ladies is pimps too. (ps - The Sopranos is pretty much my favorite thing ever.)

I have always, since I started drinking a few years ago, been able to take straight shots of harsh alcohol. Aristocrat too. I've just never had a problem with it. Also let me mention that I learned to do all this at my all-women's institution. Underage drinking is genderless, buddy boy.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 04:39:31 pm »

You are never allowed to mention a hampden-sydney man asked this question. I'd probably get honor courted.

Hey man, I only mentioned my college. Don't you not go there anymore, anyway?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 04:53:54 pm »

what the fuck you went to hampden sydney!!?

my good friend goes there, and utterly hates it. Um, but I'm sure it's great if you aren't a whiny english major who needs to be constantly surrounded by sympathetic womenfolk.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 05:35:02 pm »

The first alcohol I ever imbibed was shots of vodka, since then it's all been fairly smooth sailing. Straight scotch can be delicious but a little water doesn't hurt too much. I love tequila shots but it's generally something I'll do towards the end of the night, I don't think anyone wants to use tequia to get a night started. Lyle maybe.

I don't know - we kicked off my brother-in-law's wedding with better than a quart of tequila, done in shots, and that was at 10:00 in the morning. Of course, we're all pretty committed drinkers.

The only stuff I won't shoot is shit like Jager, all those goofy flavored schnapps, shit like that. I love a nice cold shot of vodka. I prefer bourbons on the rocks, but you gotta get after it, cause you don't want the ice to melt much. Single-malts and such you sort of gotta drink neat. I'm not really a straight gin guy. I don't tend to drink rum at all (fallout from trips to Cancun).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lets be real
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 06:16:09 pm »

he is going to be a junior this year, so, he might be before your time. If you do know him, don't tell him I said those things about him. I was exaggerating to illustrate how much he doesn't fit there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up