Ah the perogie - there's a massive Ukrainian population here, and I tell you I've had some perogies that will make you weep for joy. Interesting to see all the different spellings.
I have never had an empanada, but I am not a fan of ground beef in general. The market right next to the theatre where I work has a stall that sells perogies and a stall that sells empanadas, and I've never eaten at either... probably because the Greek and Sri Lankan stalls are just too hard to resist. But the place that sells the empanadas also has this terrifying looking hotdog with avocados and mayonnaise and odd relish slathered all over it. Everyone avoids this stall - probably because they have an almost obscene photo of the hot dog hanging right over the counter.
I haven't had much luck on the anti-depression warrior front. My calls to all the resources listed by the official regional health authority have not been responded to and always go directly to message. The veil of absolute urgency, and being on the brink of total collapse has lifted, probably due to spending time with my insanely cute 8 month old godson and my SO's incredibly awesome family. I have to push myself to keep at this, because even thought things are back to being alright, I know they're not "fixed."