Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ...plus I got depression.  (Read 13360 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 01:15:34 pm »

 The psychiatrist didn't call.  

Hey, there is no rule against calling more than one.  Get a few more reccomendations and leave a few more messages.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 03:34:51 pm »

Actually, yes there is.. a rule against calling more than one.  Being that psychiatry is fully covered under our medical system, one must be referred to a psychiatrist by a regular physician.  The only shitty thing about universal health care is that I can't technically choose my own psychiatrist.  Since the psychiatrist my friend referred me to already expressed her availability, the hospital has referred me to her...  I'll call and check-in to make sure the hospital has actually processed their side of the referral, and if so call the psychiatrist herself to make sure she got the referral and isn't on holidays or something, but I can't just call her (or another psychiatrist) up and make an appointment.  The waiting for the two sides to do their fancy paper work is what has me worried.  Granted the medical system here usually works well, but I'm not feeling all that empowered in the situation!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:45:24 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 03:46:43 pm »

I love you, smells, like only an imaginary messageboard person can.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 03:56:07 pm »

It's okay, Ben, my inner-child basically is that guy.

My inner child used to be a five-year-old version of myself, in a bowl haircut and a Spidey shirt, and he would insult me for wasting his potential... but he's grown up now and, yeah, he's now a 19 year old kid who's readin' his first Weber and Kant while listening to "The Downward Spiral" on mp3.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 06:12:51 pm »

but I can't just call her (or another psychiatrist) up and make an appointment. 

Eek!  Well, you should certainly call the psychiatrist and make sure she knows you're trying to get an appointment. In any big bureaucracy, I am sure even in Canada, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 08:06:08 pm »

um, I am pretty upset that I almost bought a book by one of those authors yesterday. i still want to.

I would say, make a pact with your SO that he will tell you if you get zombie-fied. I am pretty sure that a good psychiatrist would notice if the medicine were effecting you too strongly, though. At least... I'd like to think that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 09:40:13 pm »

The only Webers I'm familiar with are the 19th Century German scientists (and brothers) Wilhelm and Ernst.  Immanuel Kant always struck me as pretty uplifting in an introverted, rationalist sort of way.  Are there other folks with those names who I should be aware of?

Oh, plus Weber makes a nifty barbecue, but I'm pretty sure it has little to do with philosophy, gloomy or no.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 03:38:50 am »

I got no kind of experience in this but just know you are a rad person Smells you create words with ease that I can barely comprehend, you got a purpose and a place in this world.

Basically I just wanted to say that, even though I know it probably doesn't help, because it's not a problem that can be really fixed externally, but I need to say these words:

smells has been so hardcore all over this place over the last few weeks that I am basically having a major attack of lady internet crushes for her. 

So I hope she gets better soon. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 04:50:32 am »

Basically I just wanted to say that, even though I know it probably doesn't help, because it's not a problem that can be really fixed externally, but I need to say these words:

smells has been so hardcore all over this place over the last few weeks that I am basically having a major attack of lady internet crushes for her. 

So I hope she gets better soon. 

Mel, your levels of awesomeness and general badassery are off the charts, and I heartily agree with the above statements. Lady internet crushes abound. I wish I had enough extra scratch so that I could just wire you a metric shit ton of cash and have you go see a private psychiatrist so you don't have to deal with this no-call-yet bullshit. For them it's just another day at the office, but for you and people like us it's a life or death matter.

I know it sounds trite and assholish and hell of easy for me to say, but...hang in there.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 05:05:04 am »

I know it sounds trite and assholish and hell of easy for me to say, but...hang in there.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 05:56:13 am »

I've always been more of a fan of this one


"Never Give up!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 06:20:18 am »

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the classics.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 06:26:54 am »

Man, don't fill this thread up with crappy posters from 8th grade.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 06:49:47 am »



I only post because I know you have a sense of humour Smells. Besides I've always found dark comedy more inspiring than kitties in perilous situations.

Edited because I can't use an image tag. *****s can do my job for sure.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ...plus I got depression.
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 07:07:58 am »

Man, don't fill this thread up with crappy posters from 8th grade.


Why are you hatin' on the hang in there baby kitty?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up