Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs of 08-07  (Read 4060 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Blogs of 08-07
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:17:35 pm »

http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2007/08/im-catering-beef-and-mollys-wedding.html

I'm enjoying how slowly the wedding is being developed - it's something that is a constant presence in the blogs and the strip without overwhelming the world.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:42:05 pm »

A tasting menu based on each of Beef's main friends is and exciting prospect.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:05:32 pm »

A tasting menu based on each of Beef's main friends is and exciting prospect.

Heh...Ray's portion would require a lot of bacon-wrapped prawns. Beef's notion that Ray would want him to get married only so that Ray could gruffle a kilogram of bacon-wrapped prawns is so fuck*ng spot-on. I loved the imagery of Ray having to shore up his bracelet with the other hand because he was dipping broccoli so fiercely into the ranch dressing.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:14:49 pm »

Phillipe's dish would be macaroni and cheese with cut-up wieners or something.  Or more horrifically - a singe French fry in a rollerskate.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:38 pm »

I am eager to learn what dish Teodor associates with Emeril.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 06:48:27 pm »

I am going to end up using the phrase "Serious as a milk company," and the listeners will think I am insane.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 11:43:16 pm »

It's entirely disturbing how similar Peter Hook's blog is to Lyle's.

(Interesting, I didn't realize that the New Order breakup du jour had entered the world of bloggy drama)
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 01:35:26 am »

I am eager to learn what dish Teodor associates with Emeril.

Perhaps an enormous pile of turkey legs? So far all I know about the guy is that he has hell of weird speech patterns and is head of a (probably defunct) trash-spotting ring. It's kind of a shame that thing didn't really catch on. I blame Onstad for not following through on the Emeril Blog updates.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:39:29 am by nDed »
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »

I've always enjoyed the trashspotting arcs, but I guess that Onstad just isn't feeling it right now. I bet there will be another well-developed Emeril/Spongebath involvement later in the strip. I bet that Beef's wedding will precipitate something out of that, especially since Emeril's mouth was ashes at the basic news of Beef thinking about getting a place with Molly, let alone the wedding.

I don't know, maybe they'll get set to go trashspotting one morning, and Emeril will pull out a Ray-style verbal beatdown, and Beef will have to go lay in a creek or something. Maybe Beef will fugue from the stress of his oldest friends' rejections and just strike out on some horrifyingly lonely Wednesday on a solo cross-country trip in the Galaxie and end up back in Heaven.
Logged

Leon

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 06:26:24 pm »

I like that Lyle and most Achewood fans went through the same process with the glasses. At first, they make him look like an old cop, but then we see (as Lyle does) that he was meant for those glasses.

Philippe...I don't know...I get the feeling that Onstad is trying to show us that the little critter is growing up, and is attempting this mainly through the blogs. To me, it seems strained. Perhaps that's just a consequence of the phases he's going through - good/evil, sinner/Olympic athlete- .
Logged
... Boned ?

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 02:18:59 pm »

New Philippe blog.

I like it when the characters talk about other characters in their blogs, and you get a little bit of insight that you might not get directly from the character in question.  For example: "Please don't tell [Roast Beef].  I know how he likes perfect stuff."

Liking perfect stuff is something I empathize with.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 04:12:25 pm »

Also it's a kid's birthday but they only pretended to run around in the backyard.  Actually taking a lap to the tree and back would've been too much, particularly for those who just ate cake.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 05:30:52 am »

"Vinegary ablutions" is one hell of a beautiful turn of word.

Just wanted to thank whatever voice in Onstad's head that produces Mr. Bear for that.

It is one of those phrases that, at first, you think would be a great name for a band but... no... it is too good a phrase. It would be wasted on a band. Only use in such as a will would do.

"Bury me in a simple wooden coffin that after a handful of decades my remains may tastefully rejoin the earth from whence they came. Just the shell that was my body in a shell of Adirondack white ash, a nice set of clothes and a collection of vinegary ablutions. I should like to take their tanginess with me to Whatever's Next."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 05:59:41 am »

speaking of which, I would like to name my band Lordosis Behavior, except I would have to explain it to such as my mom.
also that that sounds like only a punk band, and if I were in a band it would probably not be a punk band.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs of 08-07
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 06:15:37 am »

I was always gonna name my band Screaming Viking... after the made-up drink that saved Woody's job in the first post-Diane episode of "Cheers"... under the theory that, much as people just pretended to like it because they wanted Woody to keep his job, people would listen to the band more because I'm a likable guy, not so much because the music was actually good.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up