So. I am pretty into the game Oblivion lately. this game is pretty awesome, except for the part where 90% of it is random dungeons that all look the same. The issue I am having is that the information is apparently packed on the disc very tightly-- leading to a problem.
PROBLEM: tiny, tiny, tiny scratches on the disc apparently cause major issues in reading it. I constantly lose my progress because my xbox stops being able to read the disc. I bought one of those little disc-cleaning kits, and I have used it twice. I have no idea where these scratches are coming from-- they basically follow the pattern that would occur if something inside the xbox were scratching it-- they are circular. At this point, the scratches keeping it from being read... are the super-tiny marks left from cleaning the scratches off. Am I doomed to never finish this game? Why does it keep getting scratched? None of our other games have had this problem. Is there some sort of high-quality disc-cleaning service or product which you folks would recommend?
Also: WTF, why do games like this always choose your character before you have played the game? I am now on my second character, since the first guy was basically a horrible concept (good at swords, but also good at some random kinds of magic which I never used.) Now my guy is basically a sneaky fighter, but I suck at sneaking. So, basically he's a kind-of-good fighter. I really don't want to start again. i also find myself regretting not setting any of the magic-types as a major skill-- I don't have the ability to cast powerful spells, so the spells I have aren't strong enough to use against the enemies I'm fighting, so I don't use them, so I don't rank-up in those skills....
so hard. it is so hard to play video games. maybe I should take up something easier, like biking or sumo wrestling.