Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER  (Read 5046 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 04:06:53 pm »

Mrs. West was a secret shopper for several years around the time we got married.  She worked for KFC.  She'd fly into a city, drive to every KFC in the area (usually 15 or so a day), buy a meal, time the service, check the food, and so and so forth.

Weird job, but she got a lot of frequent flier miles.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 04:09:36 pm »

I'm racking my brain, and I can't come up with a single instance of Ray without his glasses. Is this a thing?Like, will we be shocked and amazed if they ever are revealed, or are they just normal eyes?

Oh, Jstr.  Good call on that strip, I had forgotten it -- I was expecting this one:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07152002
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 04:12:58 pm »

Asherdan Simulpost! 

If we were in fifth grade, we'd be married. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 04:40:54 pm »

Ocular shenanigans!

It's free can day for anybody whose rank is Ocular Shenanigans!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 05:33:50 pm »

The fuck does ray have against skinny girls named summer? ::::Pause:::: I am 89% sure that the UPS driver just flipped me off as he drove past my house ::::Resume:::: I have never craved food on a stick, but I remember craving things like "dude, were gonna wake up at 8 tomorrow and just go straight to the chinese buffet. That'd be choice. yea man, 8 AM, were there."  These plans never come to fruition.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 05:44:58 pm »

Damn, Ray, maybe you oughta clean up your act. I liked the "dry hair" part. Ladies who bleach or otherwise overprocess their hair always end up with rank-looking strands. And "Summer"...all the girls I knew with names like Crystal or Summer were white trash. I'm sorry if anyone here holds those names, or has a loved one with those names.
Logged

Leon

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 11:42:51 pm »

Im thinking there are worst things to roll into in the morning than skinny women with bad hair and fake names?
Logged
... Boned ?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 12:38:42 am »

My mum used to do secret shopper stuff back in the day, was fun, we'd go through the drive through and I'd work the stop watch while she ordered, all secret squirrel styles.

Tomorrow: Summer comes back from the bathroom.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 12:54:05 am »

Tomorrow: Summer comes back from the bathroom.

Good call!  I like that. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 01:17:14 am »

Im thinking there are worst things to roll into in the morning than skinny women with bad hair and fake names?

Like waking up next to Pat?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 01:19:34 am »

Tomorrow: Summer comes back from the bathroom.

Ooooh! Damn. That's why I like you, Doc. You're always thinkin'.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 03:54:33 am »

Im thinking there are worst things to roll into in the morning than skinny women with bad hair and fake names?
I woke up early one morning when the sprinklers went off.  My shirt was missing, but thankfully my ##### were still up.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 04:46:16 am »

I woke up early one morning when the sprinklers went off.  My shirt was missing, but thankfully my ****** were still up.

I kinda wish I had a funny story like that, but I've never gotten that crazy drunk because while drunk guys can pass out wherever they want without fear of getting sexually assaulted, ladies cannot. Thankfully I've never blacked out and I've never woken up next to someone I wasn't already in a relationship with.

Similar to jay's story, my ex had a story about waking up one morning in the middle of winter in a campus building that was half a mile from his dorm, wearing only his boxers, with no idea how he got there and no idea where his clothes or shoes went. He said that getting back to his dorm really sucked.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 16th 2007: SECRET SHOPPER NAMED SUMMER
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 02:23:53 pm »

Where did I read an article recently about lowering the drinking age to help curb binge drinking?  It was some kind of lowbrow news source that I should probably be ashamed to have read.  Like USA Today, or Parade. 

The article said that people who drank back in the day before the over-21 laws did so much more moderately.  Supposedly, blackouts were rare and alcohol poisoning was unheard of.  It also said that while alcohol-related driving fatalities have decreased since the passage of the law, so have crash fatalities in general, due largely to improvements in safety technology on the part of auto manufacturers.  Thought that was an interesting perspective, particularly coming from the McNews. 

Anyway, yeah, being a lady I have never blacked out in a strange place.  Although in college, when I would reach a certain level of intoxication I would take off my clothes and fall asleep next to the nearest warm object.  Which was more often a clothes dryer than anything sexy.  Most of my college drinking experiences were in the apartments of friends; Pedro was in the theater and they used to throw some hell of awesome cast parties. 

I don't know if I "outgrew" this tendency or if I just don't drink as much at a time as I used to.  (Hangovers are worse than death when you have a toddler to take care of the next day -- can I get an amen?)  But I haven't done this since I was 22 or so, and never in a place where I wasn't with a group I knew would take care of me.  So, no hilarious stories.  I'm much funnier sober, anyway -- like the time I showed up to a party in nothing but a bra, thong and garter belt.  (It was a theme party, I was not dressed inappropriately actually.)  I won't tell you what Pedro wore to that party, but he managed to upstage me just the same. 

Man, those days are gone. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up