Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: lprkn have a pot o' gold.  (Read 2815 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:21:06 pm »

So the last time I checked the guy was overseas getting shot at but on the offchance you poke your head in I hope you're making the most of your big day man.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:44:25 pm »

You're saying it's "leprechaun?"  Because I've always read that as "Le Porkin'."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:12:31 pm »

It's Le Porkin' Leprechaun actually.  Keeping things short makes thing easier.

Happy Birthday!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:45:18 pm »

I basically don't know that guy, or don't remember him. I may have been gone. I hope he is taking care of himself.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 07:17:16 pm »

I remember him, he seemed to post a lot when all that shit went down with my crap dude and I moved to Alaska.

Happy birthday, dude, if you're reading this.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 09:34:45 pm »

We haven't heard from him since he was getting his gear in order for a Tour. He needs to get back here. He was entertaining (excellent Mr T/ Wiener Supply avatar) and last posted Dec 2006, so most likely his tour is still going and, worse, may already have been extended as have several of my friends. Try his e-mail to send birthday wishes, though, it's in his profile. If he can get e-mail, I'm sure he'd appreciate being remembered, especially if he's trying to avoid getting shot or worse. I can't remember if he was going to Iraq or Afghanistan.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:38:19 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 11:40:10 pm »

Well, umm. What can I say, that's really nice, guys. Never thought that people from a messageboard about cartoon cats would send me birthday wishes. I'm touched, literally.

Well, the deal is this: I've been back from Iraq since the beginning of May, but I've been working for the Forest Service as a wildland firefighter in a town with little to no internet access. I actually did mean to start posting again once school started, which is next week incidentally.

My time in Iraq ended up being fairly uneventful, which is good, because nobody in my unit died. I was on the Iraqi-Jordanian border, at a port-of-entry called Trebil. Little teeny base, crappy food(although the cooks did their best), nothing exciting. I was in-country for 7 months, but I trained for 5, so it ended up being a year total.

So, in summary: You guys are pretty cool, and I'll make an effort to hang out here once in a while in the coming months.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 11:57:46 pm »

I'm glad that you stayed alive so I could meet you. 

Happy birthday. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 12:03:10 am »

Well, umm. What can I say, that's really nice, guys. Never thought that people from a messageboard about cartoon cats would send me birthday wishes. I'm touched, literally.

Well, the deal is this: I've been back from Iraq since the beginning of May, but I've been working for the Forest Service as a wildland firefighter in a town with little to no internet access. I actually did mean to start posting again once school started, which is next week incidentally.

My time in Iraq ended up being fairly uneventful, which is good, because nobody in my unit died. I was on the Iraqi-Jordanian border, at a port-of-entry called Trebil. Little teeny base, crappy food(although the cooks did their best), nothing exciting. I was in-country for 7 months, but I trained for 5, so it ended up being a year total.

So, in summary: You guys are pretty cool, and I'll make an effort to hang out here once in a while in the coming months.

Dude, welcome back. Also, firefighting is rad, we had mostly boat fires up where I was in AK. Both A-CAP and I happen to be volunteer firefighters. Are you out of the service/military yet?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 12:27:02 am »

Yeah I'm still in. I'm in the Marine Corps Reserves, so it's the "one weekend a month, two weeks a year, but basically your ass belongs to us" thing. I really don't mind it too much though, it gives me a reason to stay in shape and is (corniness) a source of personal pride for me.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 12:30:41 am »

nothing exciting

In times of war this is a good thing.

Glad to hear you're back and safe, and able to enjoy being alive for another year.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 01:04:59 am »

Happy birthday, glad you're home safe!  Thanks for going.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 01:29:50 pm »

I've been back from Iraq since the beginning of May, but I've been working for the Forest Service as a wildland firefighter

Have you ever considered a career with less exploding, shooting, and things catching on fire?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 09:27:22 pm »

Have you ever considered a career with less exploding, shooting, and things catching on fire?

Where's the fun in that?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 02:26:12 am »

That's why I like making the internet.  No matter how badly I screw up, no one ever dies (well, there was this one time I mis-typed a variable and someone had a heart attack, but accidents do happen).

Welcome back, 'Porkin. Happy Birthday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up