Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby  (Read 4678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« on: August 17, 2007, 03:11:21 pm »

Congratulations, you've just experienced the comedy law of threes.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 03:18:35 pm »

Damnit Bobby, I was hoping to find a place I could talk about my pre-mediated murdering with like-minded individuals. Way to lead a guy on.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 03:24:01 pm »

Slaked lime versus muriatic acid: best  corpse solvent?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:30:27 pm »

One time, when I was a chronically bored university science department secretary, I decided to spook myself for Halloween by visiting the Crime Library Serial Killer Database.  I ended up reading pretty much the whole thing as it existed at the time.  Way scary.  And now I regularly freak Pedro out as we watch Criminal Minds.  "Oh," I'll say casually, "They modeled this guy on Gary Heidnik." 

Apparently, these days, they have a Serial Killer Data Base, not unlike IMDB and such.  I'll have to check that out. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:41:39 pm »

We really need Nice Pete to chime in on this one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 04:11:37 pm »

Here I was expecting to find out that Bobby was stalking "The Notorious 187" Homicide
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 04:16:15 pm »

One time, when I was a chronically bored university science department secretary, I decided to spook myself for Halloween by visiting the Crime Library Serial Killer Database.  I ended up reading pretty much the whole thing as it existed at the time.  Way scary.  And now I regularly freak Pedro out as we watch Criminal Minds.  "Oh," I'll say casually, "They modeled this guy on Gary Heidnik." 

Apparently, these days, they have a Serial Killer Data Base, not unlike IMDB and such.  I'll have to check that out. 

I was working on a play about the lives of the 49 women killed by Canada's worst serial killer (he's on trial right now) and even got in touch with some victims loved ones, but it got way to depressing and I had to stop.  Even worse, during my research I discovered a photo of a highschool friend of mine in this book which is a collection of documentary photographs of heroine addicted prostitutes from the area the killer stalked, including photos of some women whose remains were later found on the killer's hog farm.  It still blows my mind that 60 women, most of exactly my age and ethnic background could disappear, and that little-to-no attention was paid.  It makes clear to me how discardable human life can be... I'm not sure if I'll ever return to this project, because it makes me hate the world.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 04:27:32 pm »

I was working on a play about the lives of the 49 women killed by Canada's worst serial killer (he's on trial right now) and even got in touch with some victims loved ones, but it got way to depressing and I had to stop.  Even worse, during my research I discovered a photo of a highschool friend of mine in this book which is a collection of documentary photographs of heroine addicted prostitutes from the area the killer stalked, including photos of some women whose remains were later found on the killer's hog farm.  It still blows my mind that 60 women, most of exactly my age and ethnic background could disappear, and that little-to-no attention was paid.  It makes clear to me how discardable human life can be... I'm not sure if I'll ever return to this project, because it makes me hate the world.

Sad as it is, I think this also proves that Blond White Girl Syndrome isn't just an American problem. I remember a couple of years ago the local media going batshit crazy about some girl I'd never heard of missing in Aruba, yet never once mentioning a much less blonde local woman vanishing and Motley Crue putting up like $20K in reward money (she was on her way to their show).
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 04:54:05 pm »

Sad as it is, I think this also proves that Blond White Girl Syndrome isn't just an American problem. I remember a couple of years ago the local media going batshit crazy about some girl I'd never heard of missing in Aruba, yet never once mentioning a much less blonde local woman vanishing and Motley Crue putting up like $20K in reward money (she was on her way to their show).

Yes, this is absolutely the case.  Shortly after Sunshine Wood disappeared from my city Dru Sjodin went missing in North Dakota.  It was horrifying to see that the media was giving so much more attention to the case of a beautiful blond girl in another city, another country, while so little was given to covering the case of a local missing girl who happened to be aboriginal.  It was as blatant as giving Sjodin front page coverage and burying the Wood case in the back pages.  Sjodin's case was solved, Wood's case is still unsolved.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:19:04 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 05:14:55 pm »

I was working on a play about the lives of the 49 women killed by Canada's worst serial killer (he's on trial right now) and even got in touch with some victims loved ones, but it got way to depressing and I had to stop.  Even worse, during my research I discovered a photo of a highschool friend of mine in this book which is a collection of documentary photographs of heroine addicted prostitutes from the area the killer stalked, including photos of some women whose remains were later found on the killer's hog farm.  It still blows my mind that 60 women, most of exactly my age and ethnic background could disappear, and that little-to-no attention was paid.  It makes clear to me how discardable human life can be... I'm not sure if I'll ever return to this project, because it makes me hate the world.

Someone needs to introduce Mr.Pickton to Karla Homolka.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 05:20:08 pm »

No Bobby,  since getting out of prison Homolka has gotten married and had a child... which is horrifying in and of itself.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 05:22:41 pm »

No Bobby,  since getting out of prison Homolka has gotten married and had a child... which is horrifying in and of itself.

Have the baby be the reincarnation of the drugged and murdered sister and you could have a movie starring Lindsay Lohan.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 06:29:55 pm »

For some edgy reading, I recommend "Butchering the Human Carcass".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 06:51:21 pm »

I had a history teacher in high school who insisted on spending 2 days worth of class time brainstorming on how to commit the perfect murder. The conclusion was to use a silenced revolver with a second hand refiled barrell while wearing a chemical suit. Burn the suit, mutilate the revolver. Freeze the body to confuse time of death and then dispose in body of water. This came seond place to the rare occasion when one can acquire cyanide. At which time all one needs to do is get it in contact with the victim (accidental spill at a bar) and walk away.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 07:30:33 pm »

I had a history teacher in high school who insisted on spending 2 days worth of class time brainstorming on how to commit the perfect murder. The conclusion was to use a silenced revolver with a second hand refiled barrell while wearing a chemical suit. Burn the suit, mutilate the revolver. Freeze the body to confuse time of death and then dispose in body of water. This came seond place to the rare occasion when one can acquire cyanide. At which time all one needs to do is get it in contact with the victim (accidental spill at a bar) and walk away.

I thought the simple way was to stab or bludgeon somebody with an icicle.  That way, the murder weapon dissolves. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up