Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The saddest thing ...  (Read 10864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »

What thing are we not doing here?  Complaining that there's no strip?

I find that reading the archive of strips for the week is a much enjoyable way to read them, and I completely miss that "oh man no new strip today" thing.

Seriously, people, just go back every couple of weeks and see the quality of your life improve tremendously.  Sure, you miss out on the daily discussions about them, but then again you may find that you're not exactly missing them if you know what I mean. ;)

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 02:27:40 am »

What thing are we not doing here?  Complaining that there's no strip?

I find that reading the archive of strips for the week is a much enjoyable way to read them, and I completely miss that "oh man no new strip today" thing.

Seriously, people, just go back every couple of weeks and see the quality of your life improve tremendously.  Sure, you miss out on the daily discussions about them, but then again you may find that you're not exactly missing them if you know what I mean. ;)


Word. I literally catch up once every 4 to 6 months.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 04:19:46 am »

I read daily, but only to be able to participate in this part of the board.  I check here first, and wait for somebody to put up a link. 

When I was away, I checked in about once a month. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 05:11:04 am »

so, I read it every day. Sorry for being too cool for you folks.

...it's cool to be into things now, right? that whole not-caring thing went out, right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 06:53:54 am »

so, I read it every day. Sorry for being too cool for you folks.

...it's cool to be into things now, right? that whole not-caring thing went out, right?

You will always be cooler, Daniel - because you are younger. And that is something that can never be faked. America loves its young - that is, until America eats them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 02:00:01 pm »

Please lock this thread, delete it, and run some sort of ultra-delete utility on the device that held it so it can't be rebuilt.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »

Quote
You will always be cooler, Daniel - because you are younger. And that is something that can never be faked. America loves its young - that is, until America eats them.

I doubt this. There are certainly people my age who have Negative Hip Level. I am not sure how to identify them, other than
[Imagine that in this space, I have typed an unflattering portrait of a nerdy kid from my Latin class]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:22:27 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 04:26:46 pm »

Yea you laugh, but one evening, over a crowded convention floor, his eyes will meet the eyes of a young woman wearing Rei's costume from Hyper-School Academy.

They'll have some kind of magical akward cosplay sex, while the guy he split the hotel room with pretends to be asleep.

For him, that night, will be AWESOME.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 04:49:50 pm »

Ah, too late to lock it now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

kage23

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 07:31:20 pm »

Still, he set himself up for it.  If he'd just not posted at all, nobody would have batted an eyelash. 

That was exactly the problem. If he just hadn't posted at all, I would have just thought, "Oh, that Onstad! Taking another day off! ;-)" But since he did post, my thoughts were more like, "Damn that lazy Onstad's ass! I need a distraction for the dullness of my workday! >:-O"

And in my defense, I think I'm new enough to the board that I don't really know what we do or do not do...
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 02:50:18 am »

That was exactly the problem. If he just hadn't posted at all, I would have just thought, "Oh, that Onstad! Taking another day off! ;-)" But since he did post, my thoughts were more like, "Damn that lazy Onstad's ass! I need a distraction for the dullness of my workday! >:-O"

And in my defense, I think I'm new enough to the board that I don't really know what we do or do not do...

Oh, I didn't mean anything by that.  It's just that -- well, this is something that used to be done, and usually went most of nowhere. 

This thread hasn't been bad, though, all things considered. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 01:03:15 pm »

We can make a thread out of nothing, now. We're that good.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 01:07:40 pm »

Even better, we can make a thread out of Troll.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 06:36:54 am »

America loves its young - that is, until America eats them.

A luscious bitch she is, true, but it's not nice to fool Mother Nature...
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: The saddest thing ...
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 12:30:17 pm »

If Onstad started a brand new strip on this day, and never ever made a new achewood, at least this would be the perfect strip to have to look at every time you accidentally clicked on that old bookmark. Phillipe was trying so HARD! And who cannot identify with that rewarding concussion that he got for his efforts?
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up