Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007  (Read 2252 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« on: August 18, 2007, 03:32:34 am »

Pretty standard Beef fair here. I'm kinda hanging out for Lyle's.

Actually on further review theres a lot of Odd looking Beef faces in this one.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:35:35 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 03:38:52 am »

Poor Roasted Beef.  He is so sad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 03:40:21 am »

I actually thought this one was worth the wait.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 03:50:51 am »

I'm not sure if I like this or not. From a perspective that Roast Beef is a cat and not just a human who looks like a cat, it's kind of interesting to see one idea of why cats barf in weird places every morning for periods. I also love the "oh no it's today" and "I still have some double-walled plastic bags hidden in the Economist in the seatback holder." Either of which would have been good thread titles. I don't feel like it's very fresh at this point in Beef's arc. I do love the map of screaming children being drowned over the United States in panel seven.

However, I laughed. And that is a good sign.

I keep trying to write more, but I feel as if it's all word vomit of the sort that skims well and can garner an A if the teacher's not paying attention. English-major crap. So I'm going to call it a night and stop analyzing the neurotic cat on the Internet.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 03:59:49 am »

Uncanny.  I woke up thinking "shit it's today" just this very morning.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 05:54:49 am »

I am happy that this was turned into a series. I rather like the panel where Beef is pursing his lips to try and choke back the heaves. Poor guy.

Also, two kids being drowned by their own mothers in my own state! I got a pretty solid rough chuckle outta that one.

I think is the first time I've seen Beef and Molly's bedroom in the pool cabana (pool shed doesn't really seem apt for a house of Ray's magnitude). I guess they haven't got enough scratch between Molly's shitty waitressing jobs/Starbuck's and Beef's coding jobs for some new furniture.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:56 am »

"Shit, it's today." This is me every morning for the last 16 years. Poor Beef.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 11:38:59 am »

I had a roomate who woke up every morning to his alarm clock and yelled "You've gotta be fuck*ng kidding me". Every morning, without fail.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 04:50:12 pm »

I had a roomate who woke up every morning to his alarm clock and yelled "You've gotta be fuck*ng kidding me". Every morning, without fail.

That would get old pretty goddamned fast.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 06:12:32 pm »

I've done that once or twice. no pattern to this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 09:15:07 pm »

I had a roomate who woke up every morning to his alarm clock and yelled "You've gotta be fuck*ng kidding me". Every morning, without fail.

Okay, that made me LOL.

Morrisseys Hair

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • Slacker- Personalized Music
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 02:49:38 am »

Not saying this to be silly or witty, but I have never related more to any character EV-AR than in this strip.

And its a hard realization to come to, but seriously. I feel the same way often, complete with totally irrational early morning worries, albeit less suicidal.

I often think about which character I relate to the most, but I never want to admit that it's Beef.

But today, it is. Dead on.

Perhaps this warrants its own thread, but which character do you think you see yourself in the most?

I think I am 20% Phillipe, 20% Ray, and 60% Beef.

Theres gotta be some retarded myspace widget/quiz for this.

Logged
Detroit has a skyline, too.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 02:56:22 am »

Not saying this to be silly or witty, but I have never related more to any character EV-AR than in this strip.

And its a hard realization to come to, but seriously. I feel the same way often, complete with totally irrational early morning worries, albeit less suicidal.

I often think about which character I relate to the most, but I never want to admit that it's Beef.

But today, it is. Dead on.

Perhaps this warrants its own thread, but which character do you think you see yourself in the most?

I think I am 20% Phillipe, 20% Ray, and 60% Beef.

Theres gotta be some retarded myspace widget/quiz for this.

Too bad you weren't around when Andalucia was. Her custom rank was Morrissey's Pompadour.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 03:59:47 am »

Jesus man, I hope you are using that brain for something important.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up