Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Other Fora  (Read 5763 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« on: October 15, 2003, 03:36:37 am »

What other forums to y'all post and/or lurk at?

I am a Doper; a Fathomite; and a Unaboarder.  I'm also a TotalFarker and make occasional comments on Fark threads.  I must confess that I've neither posted or lurked at Dumbrella since the Achewood forum defuncted.

Any other good boards I should check out?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Other Fora
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 05:14:43 am »

I must admit, I havent been back to the Dumbrella board at all. But then I don't read any of the other comics there.
I keep my forum use to a minimum so I remember the important ones.
Here, occasionally the official Tweaker.net forum (Chris Vrenna's post NIN band) and the IBList.com forum since I'm an admin there.
I occasionally will lurk on other forums to find out information, say at the moment trying to find out what's happening with a game's European release date.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 12:54:09 pm »

I used to play The Random Game but it closed twice. I also used to mainly lurk at AoD but I've stopped because I'm trying to save money and I've found a good way is to simply remain ignorant of the new DVDs coming out.

I post at Dumbrella a little but sometimes they just piss me off. A bunch of them are all trying to out indie each other. I can only take so much of people bragging about not having watched TV or listened to commercial radio for 5 years while wearing various hoodies and planning Halloween costumes months in advance.

And I won't even get into the whole image toolbar in IE arguement that happened over there.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 04:37:25 pm »

This is the only forum I really read; Dumbrella is the only other one I've ever even signed up for.  I still do most of my lurking on usenet...

...god I feel old.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Other Fora
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 07:14:25 pm »

I really stopped lurking Dumbrella after the Achewood board there folded. I lurked the Wigu board for a while, but, well, with the exception of the occasional awesome thread, there was no Wigu there and a whole lot of The Bob Talbot, which I honestly am living well enough about.

Other than this, I'm signed up to a few other boards, but they're generally topical and not worth mentioning here.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Other Fora
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 08:27:51 pm »

GreenCine Forums, Elder Scrolls Forums,  and very occasionally on Anime News Network, AnimeOnDVD, and Slashdot. Used to be heavily on Metafilter but I started turning into a jerk so I asked Mathowie to ban me (which he graciously did)(I still read the thing obsessively).
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Other Fora
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 08:32:14 pm »

I used to be a regular on the Sonic Youth board before I stopped caring...   Hung out on the K Records board briefly... Now its mostly just this one, although I'm addicted to Metafilter.  I came along too late to join, but I read it every day to the level where I'm familiar with all the personalities and in-jokes.  I even read Metatalk.  It's a little sad.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2003, 08:34:15 pm »

I also post on Ryan's forum about Dinosaur comics!  They use a lot more exclaimation points over there!  

http://www.talkaboutcomics.com/viewforum.php?f=152
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Other Fora
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 09:58:52 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
GreenCine Forums, Elder Scrolls Forums,  and very occasionally on Anime News Network, AnimeOnDVD, and Slashdot. Used to be heavily on Metafilter but I started turning into a jerk so I asked Mathowie to ban me (which he graciously did)(I still read the thing obsessively).


Oh yea, I have the odd post on the Elder Scrolls forums.
And I post on slashdot sometimes, but I tend to get so annoyed at the people there that half the time I don't bother.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Other Fora
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 11:22:42 pm »

There are other forums?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 12:32:53 am »

Isn't it 'Fora'?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003, 01:38:24 am »

I own Morrowind but my computer can't realistically run it. I meets the requirements but things don't work as well as they should.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 01:49:18 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Isn't it 'Fora'?


Yes, indeed it is, my son.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Other Fora
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 02:54:33 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Isn't it 'Fora'?


Yes, indeed it is, my son.


Happy now?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up