Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Johnny Cash ...  (Read 1580 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Johnny Cash ...
« on: August 18, 2007, 04:15:06 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Cash ...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 04:21:00 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Cash ...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 05:48:20 am »

What year were those filmed??
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Cash ...
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 06:01:02 am »

Not sure, but I'd guess somewhere between 1978 and 1981.

on edit... IMDB says it was 1980.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Johnny Cash ...
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 06:55:02 am »

Who knew he was so funny?

Who would have thought he'd end up covering Trent Reznor and Soundgarden. I liked the bit of Elvis covering JC better.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Cash ...
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 07:06:11 am »

Not sure, but I'd guess somewhere between 1978 and 1981.

on edit... IMDB says it was 1980.

I was gonna say, "He looks so young!" but...1980, man, that was 27 years ago. Cash lived from 1932 - 2003, so he was probably 48 years old when the Muppets segment was filmed. Somehow he looks far younger than 48 in those videos.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Cash ...
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 11:48:26 am »

I regret that johnny cash and keith hernandez moved on (one is dead, the other is not the same) before the reality tv show phenom hit the tv.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Cash ...
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 02:08:33 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up