Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo  (Read 6960 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 04:45:08 pm »

"Carioca" is also a person from Rio, specifically someone who hangs out on the beach all day, often in a Speedo.

I'm not a carioca but I live in Rio, that's why I asked. For a while I got a little... concerned about that game's logistics, but I'm happy that it involves cards, and not STDs...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 06:18:04 pm »

Thanks to all you pendejos.  EDUCATION.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 07:12:48 pm »

Has the question been asked, "Where are Ray and Beef going?" I seem to assume they are on the road in the desert, possibly the Southern California desert.

Are they going to Vegas? Is it a Basic time of dudes for pre-nupital partying and debauchery? Has Beef been semi-kidnapped? Is this the beginning of the Bachelor Party arc?

Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 07:43:38 pm »

That would be yes.

But I like your questions 'cause I have hopes along the same lines.

GODDAMNIT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT MY READING COMPREHENSION. Sorry, I missed your post when distracted by the shiny proposition of slang terms being explained.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 07:44:59 pm »

GODDAMNIT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT MY READING COMPREHENSION. Sorry, I missed your post when distracted by the shiny proposition of slang terms being explained.

Pendejo? Si.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 07:50:04 pm »

I've been told that 'cabron' is kind of a severe insult in Mexico/other Hispanic countries, is that correct?
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 08:03:04 pm »

yes. i am not sure what it means, though.

there is a fun story, which I'm sure you can piece together, about the word Trastes and my uncle.
in Chile, "Trastes" means Asses.
in Mexico, apparently "Trastes" means dirty dishes.
The situation was basically that a mexican guy said something about needing to hire someone to wash his trastes. hilarity ensues.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 08:06:53 pm »

Cabron = a man whose wife cheats on him.

Regards,
Carlos del Vaca
Spanish slang term/swearing expert, apparently.

p.s.  when I lived in Albuquerque, there was a local DJ who went by DJ Chingaso.  AWESOME.
(that's "DJ Fucker," for the uninitiated)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 08:07:41 pm »

Hey HudsonVC, thank you for the quality thread starter.  It is nice to see the background juxtaposed since I'm lazy-ass and didn't want to look it up myself.

The phenomenon of talking about insane Mexican food franchises is distinctly American to me.  We don't have a lot of Mexican chains around these parts.  I get the humour, but thankfully this is something I've never experienced, and probably never will.  We've got a few non-Mexican places that totally condescend to the patron, and the shitty Taco Bell's here, and just a few authentic Mexican places.  Conversely, it reminds me of that South Park where Cartman wants to got to Casa Bonita so bad.  I don't like South Park much, but that episode sticks with me, because it makes me want to go to a place like Casa Bonita, but in real life I'd be totally annoyed.

Also, what is Pendejo?

Oh god, Casa Bonita. It's a Denver INSTITUTION. The dudes from South Park are from Colorado and so as a Colorado native I love seeing them reference stuff from my home state.

Casa Bonita is a shitty Mexican restaurant that has terrible food and cliff divers and it's generally crazy. I think it even has its own Wikipedia entry.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 08:33:58 pm »

Is Casa Bonita the joint where you can raise the little flag on the table for more chips/rice/beans/tortillas and such while watching a dude in an ape suit chase a "Jane" type girl and a "White Hunter" type dude up and around and through the man made mountain? And then they all swing on vines and dive off the cliff into the lagoon as part of the total escapade? 'Cause if that's the place, fuck the food, that place is awesome. They even let you go out and explore the mountain caves in between shows and you get 5 jillion kids all hanging from the roof trying to scare each other.

Friggin' Awesome

[edit]I just google-fu'd it up and IT IS!

Awesome!
Awesome!
Awesome!
Awesome!
Awesome!

oh shit I just came...

Okay, party people. We are gonna have an Achecon or TOUAMBcon or some shit in Denver, and we're goin' to Casa Bonita.

Plus I'm going to handcuff Nabu and forcibly dress him up in a Forsberg jersey and take him to an Avs game. Heh heh heh....just connected several threads there.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:42:51 pm by linnea »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 08:52:30 pm »

Okay, party people. We are gonna have an Achecon or TOUAMBcon or some shit in Denver, and we're goin' to Casa Bonita.

Plus I'm going to handcuff Nabu and forcibly dress him up in a Forsberg jersey and take him to an Avs game. Heh heh heh....just connected several threads there.

If only you'd mentioned pegging...
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 09:18:01 pm »

Okay, party people. We are gonna have an Achecon or TOUAMBcon or some shit in Denver, and we're goin' to Casa Bonita.

Plus I'm going to handcuff Nabu and forcibly dress him up in a Forsberg jersey and take him to an Avs game. Heh heh heh....just connected several threads there.

Ha ha!  If I had a disposable income, I'd be there.  I actually assumed Casa Bonita was a pretend place.  I really don't care if they serve stale corn chips with cheese that comes out of a pump if they have cliff divers.  And really, if it included handcuffing Nabu and double pegging Cort, how could I say no?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 09:26:45 pm »

Success.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 10:08:40 pm »

um, if there is a way for me to get to La Casa Bonita from St Louis, I will take it.

My friends and I made plans at one point to go see Dixie Stampede in... Branson, I think? It would have ruled, but it did not happen.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 12:03:57 am »

yes. i am not sure what it means, though.

Cabron = a man whose wife cheats on him.

Also, to avoid potential punchings due to misunderstanding, the word can also refer to male goats.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up