Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo  (Read 6926 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 03:40:47 am »

Achecon is something of a legend i presume that has been festering in the mind of all of us. Id be so in favor of such an event, no matter where it is held.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 04:17:24 am »

I'm working on summoning a gathering of the nine tribes.

Details soon.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 04:31:32 am »

Also, to avoid potential punchings due to misunderstanding, the word can also refer to male goats.

Exactly, when dudes call each other cabrón or güey/buey there's a saying that a cuckolded man grows horns that everyone can see except him. I was asking some Latino dudes that I worked with in Alaska what "que pasa, güey" meant. One of my favorite people in the world, Salvador (he's from El Salvador, survived the war and escaped to America, where he worked his ass off to get enough money saved to bring his wife and kids up. He is Buddha-like in his serenity and happiness. I love him so much, I wish I could marry the guy), paused thoughtfully while trying to find a tactful way to explain it to this clueless gabacha. He said in his trademark heavy accent, "It means...(pause)...your wife, she is having an affair."

Achecon is something of a legend i presume that has been festering in the mind of all of us. Id be so in favor of such an event, no matter where it is held.
I'm working on summoning a gathering of the nine tribes.

Details soon.

Fuck yes, gentlemen.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 08:04:06 am »

Can there be chicks and booze and shotguns and firetrucks?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 08:11:18 am »

Can there be chicks and booze and shotguns and firetrucks?

Yes to #1, 2, and #4. However, I don't condone using firearms while drinking, so you can bring a Super Soaker or something instead of a shotgun. Maybe fill the Super Soaker with gin and do hygienic long-distance shots? Just make sure that folks are wearing goggles, 'cuz gin in the eyes hurts like a bitch.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:14:47 am by linnea »
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 10:15:19 am »

'cuz gin in the eyes hurts like a bitch.

That sounds like the voice of experience.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:31 pm »

also:
if someone starts squirting it in their mouth and saying "did you forget and fill this one with water?" it is time to cut him/her off. That is when you know. In retrospect, we should have figured that out the first time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:27 am »

WHOO!  This is an excellent plan, and I'm glad to be a part of it.  CASA BONITA!  An Achecon!  This would be hell of awesome!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 04:54:21 am »

Coming in about a month...

Details... sooner than that...

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2007: My Fiesta Name is Pendejo
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 06:34:19 am »

CASA BONITA!  That's the name of that place I went!  It was my first time ordering Mexican food in a restaurant.  I didn't know what to get, but I'm glad I wound up with a sopapilla at the end.

I'm not so sure I'd be as entranced by the food after living in San Diego for the past few years, tho.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up