Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Strip Returns Thursday!  (Read 9965 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Strip Returns Thursday!
« on: August 22, 2007, 02:59:22 pm »

So, yet again mr Chris Onstad has failed to post a new comic. How long before we start writing and publishing our own achewoods?? personally I find his laggardly...

*fade out*

But no, for real, picture thread. I have heard "we need a picture thread" and "I would love a picture thread" and "nabu is hot" and "I want to have lesbian kisses with smells," so, let's get on this.

Um, there is no picture of me on the internet where I look normal.

here is me with my best friend (at school) being silly
here is me in the first of what were supposed to be a series of pictures documenting my beard (I had this weird delusion that it wasn't growing)

so, I have recently realized that probably my favorite picture of myself is one of me staring awkwardly at my then-girlfriend. I really want to crop it and use it... but I feel like that is crass as hell.
She would log on to facebook and be hell of bitter, is what I am saying. Plus, in that picture I still had the long/big hair.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 06:37:46 pm »

I fully intend to post here as soon as I can get the proper photos on my laptop.  The PC is in the room with all the boxes, and I can't go in there with my son lurking nearby.  (Our computers are networked but for some reason that folder isn't.)  So I will post pics soon. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:06:06 pm »

I don't understand.  Was this all a lie?!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 09:21:14 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 09:32:06 pm »

Gloomba, you look like the grown-up version of the guy I had a crush on in middle school. 

Where will it all end? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:49:57 pm »

Having a photo thread and not having me post pics of my kid would be like inviting Courtney Love to an award show and not having her flash her beaver.

A completely inappropriate mental image to accompany this pic
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 11:54:35 pm »

God, Jay, that's an adorable picture. I love it.

Here's a picture of me a couple weeks ago, sad after a dinner date because I got no smooches (way to man up and not kiss a lady, Mark):


Here's me about a month ago, getting dolled up to go to a punk show: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1117/882960130_8d56ed26fd.jpg

And here is me in June right before I left Alaska: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1188/596500504_795958634a.jpg

Me in 2005 with short hair: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/248/550318015_a39ea06901.jpg

Me and Kellichou in 1981 as adorable three-year-olds (we're identical twins): http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/457192946_1c17d4aac5.jpg

Me, Kellichou, and our younger sister in 2006 in Alaska: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/318714880_527e3662e4.jpg
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 11:57:44 pm by linnea »
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:51 am »

Oh, yes.  I remember linnea being adorable last time we did this. 

What we should have done is made guesses about what people would look like before we posted photos.  Like, for example, I thought inev was blond for some reason?  So that we could laugh at how wrong we all were.  Like all the fan art on the MC Frontalot web site from back when people thought he was black. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 03:33:51 am »

man, blond? that is so exciting. no one has ever thought I was blond before.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 04:51:41 am »

Oh, yes.  I remember linnea being adorable last time we did this. 

What we should have done is made guesses about what people would look like before we posted photos.  Like, for example, I thought inev was blond for some reason?  So that we could laugh at how wrong we all were.  Like all the fan art on the MC Frontalot web site from back when people thought he was black. 

Aww, thanks! Waitaminute, people thought Frontalot was black? Craaazy! I'll have to check out his site. That's hilarious.

And theinev, I think I also believed you were blond before I saw your pictures.

Other guesses about what people look like?? Unfortunately I think I"m ruined for this game because I've seen a lot of TOUAMBies' photos before.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 08:51:49 am »

This is me a couple of years ago pretty much. My hair is tied back in that picture and also my beard is bigger than it looks there (it sort of juts out forward). Also apparently my psychic powers are bending space and making the colors weird for some reason.

I should probably take a better picture but I don't know where that homemade 20-sided-die bling got to.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 10:35:29 am »

This sounds like a pretty low backhanded complement but I totally imagined Inev looking younger and more akward than he does.
You're a straight up man of the world type big guy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 11:43:43 am »

Wait a minute. You're Corey Feldman?

I guess the cat's out of the bag.  I hope you enjoyed my work in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III.

Gloomba, you look like the grown-up version of the guy I had a crush on in middle school. 

 ;D
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Strip Returns Thursday!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:31 pm »

this is me holding purry Luna. we had unhealthy midnight bbq with booze and stuffs and I was in floaty-head mode.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up