Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magical Money Fairy  (Read 5553 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 12:22:03 am »

do they have that strong of connections over here? I thought it was just a northern ireland thing. Aren't you Sicilian?

He he. That doesn't deserve a can, but you're so adorable.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2007, 04:12:59 am »

He he. That doesn't deserve a can, but you're so adorable.

Hee! Theinev, you are adorable. Yes, I'm Sicilian and Irish, but not northern Irish. I was referring to my Individual Retirement Account (Roth is post-tax, not a tax sheltered investment account), not the Óglaigh na hÉireann.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2007, 04:36:47 am »

I was actually kidding. just for the record. I assumed it was a... a financial thing. I just found the coincidence of acronyms funny.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 04:52:41 am »

Óglaigh na hÉireann.

Gaelic or cats on the keyboard... so hard to tell.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 05:16:43 am »

I was actually kidding. just for the record. I assumed it was a... a financial thing. I just found the coincidence of acronyms funny.

Man, this dude is Andy Kaufman good.

Gaelic or cats on the keyboard... so hard to tell.

Heh! So true...Tiny can.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 05:29:52 am »

really? am I good?

There is one thing I am right now, and it is not good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 06:03:40 am »

If it's any consolation, I'd be in a much better position financially if I hadn't bought my first house when I was 22.  We sold it six years later for $1000 less than what we paid for it.  Not including taxes, interest, maintenance, and improvements -- including $1500 worth of new carpet we installed six months ago -- so we'd have lost considerably less on the deal if we'd just paid rent for six years.  And we wouldn't have had to suffer through almost three years of living in a home we could be thrown out of at a moment's notice because somebody's mother decides they want to check the place out for the third time this week, just for kicks. 

(In my state, the seller's not supposed to be home during a showing.  So I had to pick up my kid and leave in the middle of the day, several times a week, as well as keeping the place looking like nobody lived here despite having an active toddler.  Highly stressful.) 

Also, you got to live in Hawaii for -- what, ten years?  That is a cool thing for your kids.  Way cooler than living in a house with a yard, which you then have to mow, which IMHO is overrated. 

Five years during which we have gotten hopelessly into debt and plowed through my retirement. I'll be working until I'm 80 unless this GS-14 job in Cleveland comes through.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Magical Money Fairy
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 03:02:47 pm »

really? am I good?

There is one thing I am right now, and it is not good.

Oh you're good alright. We just haven't established how good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up