Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Poll

Secret Beer Fairy?

Yes
- 8 (50%)
No
- 5 (31.3%)
I hate A-CAP for even suggesting this.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Beer and Community, Together.  (Read 9484 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 06:57:00 pm »

I dunno, it didn't exactly work out that way for me... nerdy interests instead of bong hits are not quite enough to lead to world dominance by themselves.

I can confirm that the combination of nerdy interests plus bong hits hasn't worked either.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 07:06:48 pm »

I want to break this to you as gently as I possibly can, because I love you so much . . . it may have been the rodents that held you back.

Dang. I should have known.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 07:18:06 pm »

Hitting nerds with interesting bongs is a little more rewarding but you get really sad when you break a particularly interesting smoking device.

"Ah, man... I mean, yes, he's unconscious, but it looked like an elephant! You took hits off the trunk!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2007, 07:44:06 pm »

Ah, true.

But there's no art in hitting nerds with efficient bongs.

No style, no panache, none of what the French would call a certain... I don't know what.

Perhaps that is a telling difference between an arachno-capitalist and a Bokononist... an arachno-capitalist is perfectly fine with pelting nerds with beer bongs as it is functional, efficient and easily repeatable if necessary.

It is a completely logical and competent way of assaulting nerds with drug paraphenalia and there is nothing wrong with that, I suppose.

But what's the point of even having a bong, to a Bokononist, if it doesn't glow in a funky manner under a black light or... in the very least... resemble a Star Wars character?

We only live once and only a short once at that.

The least we can do is smoke our drugs out of Boba Fett's head.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2007, 08:22:33 pm »

We only live once and only a short once at that.

This is a matter of (a) virtue and (b) finding the invisible block with a green mushroom inside.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2007, 08:25:57 pm »

What about beer bongs? Theyre cheap, indestructible, and effective.

For hitting nerds? You could lash them with a beer bong, I guess.

Or garotte them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2007, 11:02:52 pm »

I can confirm that the combination of nerdy interests plus bong hits hasn't worked either.

I am trying this plus Thin Lizzy.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 12:23:15 am »

You know, I'm glad that you and I are imaginary internet friends, because if you love this sort of thing when you are your age, byt the time you are my age you are basically going to be in control of the planet.

When I was your age I basically loved bong hits, football, and Thin Lizzy. It is just now occuring to me that substituting alcohol for bong hits in that life plan may not be enough to be considered obtaining maturity.

Heh! Now I totally want to see a picture of an angry, 19-year-old Nabu, and the rest of the board too! Y'know what would be an even better thread than the member photos thread...photos of us during adolescence.

I have to dig out the photos of me as a scrawny, angry 15-year-old. Awesome.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 12:52:56 am »

I have to dig out the photos of me as a scrawny, angry 15-year-old. Awesome.

Fifteen years old?  I can hit that nail right on the head.

This was for the band.  I'm wearing the cap.

Seems like forever, but it really wasn't that long ago.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 01:44:43 am »

Heh! Now I totally want to see a picture of an angry, 19-year-old Nabu, and the rest of the board too! Y'know what would be an even better thread than the member photos thread...photos of us during adolescence.

I have to dig out the photos of me as a scrawny, angry 15-year-old. Awesome.

I could do this, but I don't think I'd ever be able to come back. It's . . . pretty bad. It took me quite a while to grow into my features, shall we say.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2007, 02:29:57 am »

um, you have already seen 19-year-old me. Angry... well, once I start my band, maybe we can find a suitably angsty picture.
Or, you know, a suitably jangly-indie-pop picture?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2007, 02:58:13 am »

um, you have already seen 19-year-old me. Angry... well, once I start my band, maybe we can find a suitably angsty picture.
Or, you know, a suitably jangly-indie-pop picture?

Yeah, but you're adorable. For those of us who were 19 in the 80s . . . welllll . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 02:00:58 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2007, 02:03:53 pm »

And equal time, so I don't come off as being a dick to *****_god... here's my band photo, I'm in the plaid shirt.  I was 22, not 15.
http://www.bigfool.com/pictures/incos_large.jpg

Note how ironic and edgy we are, all smoking in front of the "NO SMOKING" sign.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Beer and Community, Together.
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 02:11:25 am »

I had mall bangs. 

Need I say more? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up