Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I burned my arm  (Read 6502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« on: October 16, 2003, 05:03:58 am »



It kinda hurts and I think it's gonna leave a nasty scar.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I burned my arm
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 05:09:27 am »

Man, that looks painful.

WHY DID YOU DO THAT, PAUL?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 07:11:53 am »

why?

how?

How and why did you photograph it?

gross. and cool.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I burned my arm
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 11:45:48 am »

Aaugh!
Logged
goose means greedy

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 11:51:51 am »

Man, that must have been one hot slapbracelet.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 01:42:48 pm »

Yee ow!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I burned my arm
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 08:58:08 pm »

How precisely did that happen?

And yeah, I love how there's always that class of people who report some horribly injury or personal tragedy online before they deal with it IRL.

Not that I've ever done that. Aside from that one time. With the car accident.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 10:20:51 pm »

Hey PAUL! You burned yourself!

How come?


What degree is it? Why isn't it bandaged? (Posterity?) Hope it heals faster than that time I dipped my finger in the fryer at Taco Bell.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 11:20:54 pm »

Just admitting you worked at Taco Bell should be somewhat cathartic.

I was interviewing an STD patient once who insisted his rash was because he was "frying bacon naked". I myself have no particularly silly burn stories though.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 11:56:38 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
why?

how?


How I can answer, but not at the moment, I don't have the time.  Maybe tonight after i've finished my chores.

But Why?  Why!?!  There is no why unless it's Karma, but i've been such a good boy lately so i'm thinking it couldn't be that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I burned my arm
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2003, 12:44:52 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I was interviewing an STD patient once who insisted his rash was because he was "frying bacon naked".

See, I don't get that as an excuse. How is admitting that you were stupid enough to fry bacon naked any less embarrassing than admitting an STD? An STD, after all, can be contracted more or less accidentally, whereas frying bacon naked is just admitting you're an idiot.

I, too, have no silly burn stories, although I once managed to (briefly) semi-set my hair on fire at a Girl Scout camp cookout. I was the world's crappiest Girl Scout, in retrospect.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I burned my arm
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2003, 02:47:43 am »

With my repetitive stress injuries, I tend to lose feeling in my hands a lot, which is very dangerous when I'm cooking because I generally don't notice I'm burning myself until the heat creeps up to the point where I have feeling - or this one time, when the smell of my own burnt flesh made me take notice.

It was as gross as it sounds - and it always hurts a lot later when the feeling starts to return.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2003, 03:01:03 am »

Not only did I burn my finger at Taco Bell, I did it twice. Same finger.

-beat-

And who said I worked there?

-beat-

(Me. I did.)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I burned my arm
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003, 03:04:11 am »

I can totally see that happening, and I feel your pain.

You're lucky, though that the top of the grease is the also the coolest part - so instead of rending the flesh from your bone, you merely got 2nd degree burns.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I burned my arm
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 03:11:44 am »

Ow,  dammit, ow!  Quit it, y'all you're giving me contact pain.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up