Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)  (Read 11119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 06:14:59 pm »

Now that I think of it, I believe that a female cousin of mine is living as a lesbian couple with a woman who used to be a man.

I know, that doesn't seem possible, but I swear that someone told me that. I can't imagine I made it up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 06:46:56 pm »

Nah, see, that's the thing, though, A-CAP.

Once she "decides" she's black, all the gender-sexual identity stuff will go out the window for a while, she'll be so immersed in constructing a "black" identity and her first access to creating that new self will be images of heterosexual black women.

Maybe EVENTUALLY she'll start forming some variation on her attempt to make herself happy by finding the right identity pidgeon holes to shove her sense-of-self into... but usually, they gotta go through one phase before they get to the next.

Sounds like some kinda borderline disorder thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 07:16:11 pm »

It'll last a lot longer than all the other phases, probably until their early middleage when they're finally "burnt-out drunk".

So, I call you a modern Mark Twain, and this is how you repay me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:33 pm »

My bet is that she begins to identify as a person of color. She hasn't yet (she's Italian in ethnicity) but she's started talking about how her great-grandmother was a light-skinned African-American. She knows this from pictures.
Tell her she's a "sedecaroon".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 10:03:40 pm »

Recently my mother uncovered several things about my lineage.   

I'm part Native American.   I have no idea what tribe.   Apparently its enough for me to register on tribal rolls or some such.   When I heard this, I didn't have much reaction.     That's so not any part of my cultural identity, and it would be horrible of me to start aping it.

She also discovered that on the other side of the family, we took part in some nautical portion of the slave trade. 

Even more recently, while attending my grandmother's funeral, I learned that her father fought in both world wars for the Germans.

Surprisingly, I'm not a real 'get back to my roots' kinda fellow.

"Don't mention the war!"
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 11:04:03 pm »

Quote from: jaydub
Tell her she's a "sedecaroon".

Oh, man... I sure hope that she'd reply "that's my FAVOURITE kind of Girl Scout cookie".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2007, 11:31:24 pm »

all I know is, I'm 1/2 hispanic (my grandmother clarifies that this is Spanish, because we don't have any (insert an offensive south american word for Native Chilean) blood) and half good ol' american irish/scottish/british mix.
this results in my family drinking tea, and the fact that the church we don't attend is a Catholic church.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 11:53:30 pm »

I am both Jewish and Native American but I don't really relate to that because, well, my granddad would never admit to being Jewish and I don't really have a ton of either in my ancestry.  Besides that I am French/British/Irish.


Nathan Hale is my direct decedent, but he couldn't learn me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:35:44 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 12:26:05 am »

I am both Jewish and Native American but I don't really relate to that because, well, my granddad would never admit to being Jewish and I don't really have a ton of either in my ancestry.  Besides that I am French/British/Irish.


Nathan Hale is my direct decedent.

1. You are a decedent of Nathan Hale, he is not a decedent of you.
2. A native american jew? Did college just throw bags of money at you or what?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 12:38:24 am »

Nathan Hale is a decedent. You aren't.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 02:48:45 pm »

1. You are a decedent of Nathan Hale, he is not a decedent of you.

Perhaps Mr. Hernandez has a time machine, and he went back in time and boned Nathan Hale's mother.  Haven't you seen The Terminator?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 03:26:58 pm »

Perhaps Mr. Hernandez has a time machine, and he went back in time and boned Nathan Hale's mother.  Haven't you seen The Terminator?

Or Futurama?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 04:39:24 pm »

You are Nathan Hale's descendant. Perhaps also a Descendent.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 03:23:51 am »

Ahhh, decedents. I will never forget my first "dead call" where I had to deal with a decedent.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Ze, hir, etc. (Begun in TGIF)
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 01:10:40 pm »

Anyone else read Savage Love this week? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up