Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Poll

Which show?

Iron & Wine
- 5 (62.5%)
Jose Gonzalez
- 1 (12.5%)
who dey?
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8


Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match  (Read 4040 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:23:50 pm »

I got an alert on my Tourfilter feed:  Jose Gonzalez at the 9:30 Club on October 2!  Whooooo!  $20, and it's a Tuesday night.  Mention it to the missus, let's get a babysitter, blah blah blah.

But then I look at the 9:30's web site and see that they also have Iron & Wine on Saturday the 29th.  $25 show.

Well, shit.  Given the proximity of the dates and the ticket prices, it's probably one or the other.  And I can't freakin' decide.

(For the uninitiated:  Jose's web site with built-in music player, post on my blog with embedded YouTube vids and links to others.  Iron & Wine's SubPop page which has a number of full-length MP3 downloads.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:28:49 pm »

Do you still live in NJ?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:01:27 pm »

Do you still live in NJ?

Um, no, I do not now nor have I ever lived in New Jersey.  What am I missing here?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:28:54 pm »

Um, no, I do not now nor have I ever lived in New Jersey.  What am I missing here?

Well, would you be willing to relocate? I think we're looking to re-balance the board-members.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 11:11:40 pm »

Um, no, I do not now nor have I ever lived in New Jersey.  What am I missing here?

I saw somewhere in the archives where you were talking about the jersey shore.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:23:47 pm »

I saw somewhere in the archives where you were talking about the jersey shore.

People who live in the DC area go to the Jersey and Delaware shore because we don't have one of our own. The confusion is understandable.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:26:58 am »

I have cast my vote for Iron & Wine. I wish you could go to both shows, however.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 02:10:51 pm »

I saw somewhere in the archives where you were talking about the jersey shore.

Ah, OK.  My family is from Philly and I have ties to the Jersey shore (my great-grandparents actually owned a motel in Wildwood during its heyday), so we often go there on vacation.

Wombat, you don't consider the godforsaken hellhole that is Ocean City, MD to be "our" beach? 
Yeah, me neither.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 02:17:15 pm »

Ah, OK.  My family is from Philly and I have ties to the Jersey shore (my great-grandparents actually owned a motel in Wildwood during its heyday), so we often go there on vacation.

Wombat, you don't consider the godforsaken hellhole that is Ocean City, MD to be "our" beach? 
Yeah, me neither.

Call me if they ever bother to build a boardwalk. Until then OC, MD can suck it.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 02:28:49 pm »

Call me if they ever bother to build a boardwalk. Until then OC, MD can suck it.

Calling CortJstr....
http://www.oceancitycam.com/

The problem is the hundreds of "Senior Week" teenagers doing the goddamn stupidest things every goddamn minute of the day who are on that boardwalk.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 02:33:30 pm »

Calling CortJstr....
http://www.oceancitycam.com/

The problem is the hundreds of "Senior Week" teenagers doing the goddamn stupidest things every goddamn minute of the day who are on that boardwalk.

Some planks of wood at beach level do not a boardwalk make. Ocean City, NJ, now that's a boardwalk.

At my school Beach Week was always down in like Virginia Beach. Not that spending a week with people I barely tolerated while they were sober seemed like much fun to me.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 03:35:08 pm »

Once when we were staying in Rehoboth we drove down to check out Ocean City for an hour or so. I totally don't get why anyone would choose to go there, but I figure I don't want those people realizing they should be going to the Delaware beach towns instead so I keep quiet about it.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 06:56:12 pm »

I listened to the two streaming songs og that Jose Gonzalez and they were good, but then I went to my iPod and it turned out I had a couple Iron and Wine albums on there, so I checked 'em out and I really liked them. So I went for them. If I had but known - they've played PDX a few times.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 08:21:31 pm »

You're keeping a leash on that Ipod now, right?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sam Beam-Jose Gonzalez steel cage death match
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 08:46:01 pm »

I grab it and drop it in my desk drawer every night. It's funny; my computer has a little umbilical cord that goes right into the drawer.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up