Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fridge contents?  (Read 7391 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Fridge contents?
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:35:01 pm »

You can learn a lot about a person by peering into the fridge, right?  So tell us the top five items of pride and shame in your fridge - we all wanna know.

For me, in no particular order:

Pride:

Six pack of Crispy Stellas
Tupperware full of Grandma's peanut butter cookies
Green curry paste
Homemade Indonesian peanut sauce based on a recipe I got in Indonesia
A dozen eggs directly from a Hutterite colony
A beautiful steak I bought just for my man


Shame:

Heinz mustard
Way too many soy sauce packets
A huge jar of pickled ginger from a Christmas party
A dried up, separated, almost entirely used up and probably spoiled jar of tahini (but maybe I threw it out already... no I'm pretty sure it's still in there...)
A Tupperware full of BBQ'd salmon from 5 days ago (such a waste)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:42:33 pm »

I moved into a place with no gas (650 overdue bill my new roommate didn't tell me about--may move out in a couple days) so no stove.  Basically I only have shameful stuff:

1 Bud Dry bottle I actually brought from my old apartment (aug 3).
2 Packaged Potato Salad.
3 Bagged Salad.



(actually) Pride:

Half a handle of Bombay Sapphire.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 03:01:50 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 11:52:12 pm »

um
the entire contents of my fridge:
-some cran/grape juice
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 12:11:26 am »

Okay, keep in mind we just moved. 

Pride:
 - One half-full bottle of Toasted Sesame Oil
 - Leftovers from tonight's dinner, All-Star Chicken (from My Girlfriend's Kitchen)
 - Two jars of Better Than Bullion paste -- one chicken, one beef
 - "Natural" applesauce for my son (it's hard to find a kind without corn syrup, gross.) 
 - A nice bottle of champagne my father-in-law bought us when we bought our house; we planned to drink it last night to celebrate selling it but we forgot.  (We'll probably save it for Pedro's birthday & his brother's engagement party next weekend.)

Shame:
 - Two-week old leftovers in a tupperware container that is too expensive to throw out but to skeezy to clean -- we brought this with us from the old house. 
 - An updended, almost-empty bottle of Hershey's syrup
 - A bottle of plum sauce that's never been opened and has no date, but is probably no good
 - Store brand yellow mustard (that's Pedro's)
 - A tube of ground beef that is intended for a skillet of hamburger helper (tomorrow's dinner)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 12:15:57 am »

When I have money, I'm rollin' in the delicious foodies. However, I've been working for the past 2 days in a town that's 35 miles away (yes, a 70-mile commute per day), and all my money has gone to petrol. I am feeling very sorry for myself presently.

Pride:
Organic eggs
Brown Cow yogurt
Cantaloupe
Daifuku mochi-anko cakes
sliced sharp cheddar for Marmite and toast sandwiches

Shame:
Half a decaying honeydew melon
No bread for the marmite sammiches
One sad Stella left No Stellas and no money to buy more
No tortillas, no beans, no rice, no meat.

Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 12:37:13 am »

I do not have a fridge that is mine.  This will change by the spring.  So for now I will illustrate my theoretical fridge:

Respect:

Block of fresh mozzarella
CUNT cream cheese
Atlantic Brewing Co. Blueberry Ale
Turkey pepperoni
Tub of fresh mozzarella pieces in water



Sorrow:

Forty cans of Coke Zero
Eggroll over 8 days old
A white wine (for the ladies)
Several Nutrament shakes
Whip cream can with all the NO sucked out
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 12:47:12 am »

40-50 Hardcore Ciders
1 bottle mayo
2 gallons of Arizona RX Stress tea
1 package turkey breasts
1 can haggis
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 12:50:50 am »

Quote from: KeithHernandez
1 Bud Dry bottle I actually brought from my old apartment (aug 3).

They still make Bud Dry? I had no idea.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 12:53:24 am »

They still make Bud Dry? I had no idea.

Word. Bud dry has a zero dollar ad budget. I dont know why we still brew the shit.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 01:55:36 am »

1 jar coconut jam.

Pride? Shame? You make the call.

I don't know what else is in there, since I'm at work. I know there is a spray bottle of "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter", because there always is. I'm vaguely shameful about it. However, I fix that by having a running joke with my wife about taking that statement to absurd heights:

"This, This Ain't Butter."
"Don't You Tell Me That This is fuck*ng Butter."
"I'll fuck*ng Cut You."

We also do this when we see people eating the Cheezits with the "Get Your Own Box" written on it. "If you even look at these, I'll skullfuck you."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 06:02:18 am »

Your lady sounds almost as awesome as mine.

Remember, I might be biased.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 07:48:59 am »

To my credit:  I live in a 3.2% alcohol state, which means if you don't make it to the liquor store by 9 pm or want to drink on Sunday (alcohol is really hard to get from Sat to Sun.) you have to buy a 3.2% alcohol content domestic.  They all taste equally shitty, but the Bud Dry is equal in price to High Life cans ($.40 cents cheaper than High Life bottles!)  I don't know, I like it better than Bud original and especially Bud Light (on par with the Keystones of the world, in taste if not price).  I am a Miller man when it comes to shit gas station beer, but give me a bud dry any day (well, sundays and any day I don't have liqour or good beer past 9 pm).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 10:14:18 am »

To my credit:  I live in a 3.2% alcohol state, which means if you don't make it to the liquor store by 9 pm or want to drink on Sunday (alcohol is really hard to get from Sat to Sun.) you have to buy a 3.2% alcohol content domestic.  They all taste equally shitty, but the Bud Dry is equal in price to High Life cans ($.40 cents cheaper than High Life bottles!)  I don't know, I like it better than Bud original and especially Bud Light (on par with the Keystones of the world, in taste if not price).  I am a Miller man when it comes to shit gas station beer, but give me a bud dry any day (well, sundays and any day I don't have liqour or good beer past 9 pm).
I feel as thought it is said we don't live closer to each other, in which case I could give you free beer. Good beer. I weep for you.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 01:22:16 pm »

I'll go you one better and show you what is in my fridge:


Top shelf (some items may be obscured):
Two things of French onion spreadable cheese wedges
Pack of 4 sticks of butter
Tube of double-concentrated tomato paste
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
"Fifty50" low glycemic peanut butter
"Fifty50" low glycemic CUNT spread
Stack of American cheese slices
Thing of rice left over from the last time we had Indian food
Philadelphia cream cheese
Brita water filter pitcher with water in
Bottle of generic diet cola

Middle shelf:
Two 12-packs of Barq's root beer
Some "glucose control" nutritional drink things

Bottom shelf:
Jones green apple soda
12-pack of Vanilla Coke
(normally there would be a thing of regular Coke but we're out at the moment)

Along the door:
Three things of Lush "The Strokes" hair moisturizer
One small thing of Lush "Mask of Magnaminty" (not sure what that actually is)
Jar of "Well Pac Sushi Ginger"
Jar of mayonnaise
"Annie's Naturals" caesar dressing
Jar of Mt. Olive hamburger dill chips

Please note: Apart from the (non-diet) sodas and thing of rice, none of that stuff is actually mine (though I do partake of the water at times).
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 04:47:36 pm »

I live in a dorm, so my fridge is tiny. Currently, I think there's wasabi, mayo (I am a BIG fan of mayonnaise. I rejected it when I was little and so I only discovered how tasty it is like a year ago), Guinness, and two minibottles of cheap champagne.

What's more interesting is what's written on my fridge: "Studying is for Fags" and "Fuck Refrigeration". My friend gets drunk and wants to write on things, and I'm usually the only one in our house who will let her do so. There used to be a picture of Obama on it, because I have been in love with him since 2004. I got on that bandwagon hella early.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up