Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! (10-16-03)  (Read 9648 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 05:01:03 pm »

If I lose TiVo and the interweb at the same time I cannot be held responsible for my actions.
Logged

Sporkadelic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 05:45:00 pm »

I see Leisure Town is on Beef's list.. oops, he's too late for that one..
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2003, 06:15:58 pm »

But he is too early for this one: Leisure Town (although the pace and excitement level might suit him).

I'm happy to report that although I have had 13 addresses in 3 states since 199o, I have never had to deal with comcast.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2003, 08:35:42 pm »

k10k is one of the hippest web design magazines on the 'net.

Although if Onstad was a little more plugged in he would have used Zeldman.com.

In any case, fun stuff.  I can't believe that Beef would read Drudge, though.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2003, 08:38:55 pm »

I had no idea Drudge was still even around. Even so I was shocked he was on Beef's list. Maybe it's like a car crash to him.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2003, 08:46:24 pm »

Perhaps Onstad too feels the sting of Comcast's horrible horrible service.

I get DSL at the office and have Comcast Cable at home, and the DSL is three times faster, has never gone down EVER, and is now actually $5 cheaper.  But it's not available in as many places.  

Comcast has been terrible over the past two months - the net is down some days more than it's up - I've been keeping a log of when I notice it's down, and I have a script that checks the connection every five minutes, and the net was down here 97 hours last week.  Sure, if you call and complain they'll do nothing and offer you a credit for the time down, but $10 for being down half a day for two days in a row doesn't *nearly* compensate me for my time lost.

Not to mention the pain and suffering caused by having to go back to dial-up for hours on end.  

I don't know how I ever lived like that.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2003, 09:22:32 pm »

Oh boo frikkin hoo!  Wah, wah, wah -- my ultra-fast broadband connection isn't 100% reliable and I have to fall-back on dial up occasionally.  

Hmph.  Some of us don't have DSL or cable available at our homes out in the boonies.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2003, 09:45:06 pm »

I would settle for 60% reliability, but it hasn't even been *that* reliable.

Anyway, if your internet isn't fast enough for you, move out of the sticks  and come join the 20th century.  Or get satellite or something.  But don't give me shit because I can't get to work because my "vehicle" to my job is broken.

Imagine your car breaking down three days a week, and you couldn't buy a new one.  Your car dealer may say "So what?  A lot of people ride a bike to work.  Stop your whining." and so three days a week you ride your bike 25 miles to work.  It takes you three hours instead of 20 minutes.

Oh, and work docks your pay for the extra time it takes you to get there AND BACK.

But yeah, if that's acceptable to you, I guess it's no big deal.  Dickhead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2003, 10:05:45 pm »

Comcast also pisses me off with it's regional pricing structure. In Arlington cable is way more expensive than DirecTV. But at my soon-to-be in-laws Comcast is way cheaper. And the problem is that appts in Arlington never have balconies.

If I understand it right the phone companies could fix a lot of DSL's speed/reach issues if they felt like it. But they're willing to deal with the signal loss. Plus, I hate Verizon even more than Comcast.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2003, 11:05:40 pm »

Because I was astoundingly bored, here's all that I could get:

Drudge Report
The Onion
News.Yahoo.com
EPinions
SuicideGirls
Toothpaste For Dinner
CNet
Am I Hot Or Not
Leisuretown
K10K.net
Slashdot.org
Paypal
IMDB
Fortean Times

These are the ones I feel confident hazarding a guess at, anyway.

(No links because I would hate to cause the "Achewood MB Effect" and also because I am lazy.)

[EDIT: As implied upthread, and as I just checked -- holy crap, Leisure Town's dead! Crap! Anyone know of archives anywhere or something?]
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2003, 11:15:30 pm »

I have dialup and it hardly really goes down even if it's slow, so I guess it's okay since I don't really have a job ;D
..it does suck on catching up on as many websites as I want in a day; could do it faster if sites didn't keep going slowly.

Anyway, I felt Beef's pain regardless ..I once had to go two months without the net while visiting my grandparents a few years ago (I..read the tv guide and pasted stuff in notebooks while staring at walls most the time; only went out a few times cause I knew no one over there except my cousin who had school, so yeah... twas hell).
..this is the reason I haven't visited since; see, for xmas, I think I'm going to say I'll visit again if I get an ibook ...muahah.  all for a price, ya see.  happy camper and they'd get to see me :D

and it's nice to see Beef checks eBay!  he should join livejournal; hah.  then he'd feel even more torture if he misses a couple hours.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

V-Adore

  • Guest
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2003, 11:24:30 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
and it's nice to see Beef checks eBay!  he should join livejournal; hah.  then he'd feel even more torture if he misses a couple hours.

Sadly, the username is taken. By someone who hasn't updated since February 2002.
Ah, well. A dork can dream.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2003, 12:27:30 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "starlight"
and it's nice to see Beef checks eBay!  he should join livejournal; hah.  then he'd feel even more torture if he misses a couple hours.

Sadly, the username is taken. By someone who hasn't updated since February 2002.
Ah, well. A dork can dream.


Hmm that's disappointing; their only interest is 'cheese', too ..hah.
even just 'beef' is taken with *no* posts at all!
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2003, 01:23:21 am »

Quote from: "jough"
But yeah, if that's acceptable to you, I guess it's no big deal.  Dickhead.


Yeah, I guess I'm pretty OK with you being inconvenienced!

Sheesh, can't a guy be a little envious around here?  I could get the sattelite, but it's hella expensive.  I'd have a hard time justifying it just so's I could d/l pron faster.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2003, 02:12:57 am »

Plus ping times for satellite suck. Even the ads admit you can't play games that way.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up