Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra  (Read 3118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:41:27 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08292007

I had the urge to do that to my room - when I was 10.  Then my town got an Applebee's and I realized how silly it looks to actually have flags and stacks of stuff and posters all over your room.

I did, however, buy a Gordie Howe hockey sweater that I wear with chinos and loafers, Cameron Frye style.  Now Found Item Clothing is selling the matching caduceus t-shirt.  Now all I need is a Ferrari and a diaper to wipe it with.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:51:21 pm »

Wow.

The Evaporation of Gumption moment is something I understand too too deeply.

I... I thought I was a Roast Beef all along but... could I possibly be a Teodor?

Oh man. Total realizing-you're-a-breast-man existensial crisis time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:03:07 pm »

I think I've grown from being a Teodor into being R. Beef...

what the hell does that say?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:08:52 pm »

Both the baby update and the strip today make me feel completely out of it.  I guess I'll go sit in the rocker on the porch now. Hey, get off of my lawn!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 07:11:40 pm »

T, you like goth chicks because they are hot. Not necessarily fun to be around or talk to, but hot.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:26 pm »

i obviously have a faulty memory, because I feel like stacks of stuff and posters is basically a generic room. Or, at least, my room?

also, I love goth girls. and punk girls.
basically any girl who wears weird clothes in a idiosyncratic or boring "subcultural" way is attractive to me.
this causes problems for me, in my life.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 11:29:54 pm »

Oh thanks a lot Onstad. Until today I had managed to not think about Kid Rock for almost five years.

I think a lot of us only wish that we were as desperately miserable as Roast Beef.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 11:53:37 pm »

On extended thought, Axl Rose is probably my generation's Sinatra.

I am just slightly too old to be saddled with Kid Rock or... I dunno... Kurt Cobain, I guess?

And Axl Rose isn't the worst Frank Sinatra to have. At least he's completely batshit insane in an admirable Howard Hughes kinda way, occasionally crawling out of caves with Kleenex boxes on his feet to ALMOST release some music, show up at a few awards shows and then scurry back.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 12:46:22 am »

I like goth girls if they're pretty.  I don't like goth girls when they're trying to pack the mass of a small neutron star into a corset, see-through lace top and black PVC trousers, which sadly seems to be the norm around here.

Not that I hate fat people or anything.  I'm fat, too.  But at least I have the decency to wear baggy clothes so that others are not forced to view my rippling folds.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 02:25:11 am »

I think a lot of us only wish that we were as desperately miserable as Roast Beef.

Nooooo, you really don't. Trust me on this one.

Apropos of nothing, I wants me a fat little goth chick for Xmas.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 05:04:59 am »

Well I was going to write something about that sort of thing not actually being desirable outside of appearing to have "cred" here at TOUAMB, but I didn't want to appear condescending.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 05:22:54 am »

Well I was going to write something about that sort of thing not actually being desirable outside of appearing to have "cred" here at TOUAMB, but I didn't want to appear condescending.

Man, that is total flamebait. You really think that folks on this board pretend to have depression so they can be more like a cartoon cat?
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 05:32:43 am »

I think that what we need more of is gumption.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 06:49:06 am »

I'm 17, and I've been thinking today about who is my generation's Sinatra. I came to the conclusion of Justin Timberlake.

Also, I love Teodor's little right-before-waking-up happy face.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2007 - Kid Rock is our Sinatra
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 02:11:19 pm »

Man, that is total flamebait. You really think that folks on this board pretend to have depression so they can be more like a cartoon cat?

No, I don't really think that people here pretend to be genuinely and seriously depressed to appear cool. I just think that people identify themselves more closely with Beef during periods in their lives when they are either unusually sad or computer literate. Sometimes this manifests itself in the form of quoting or invoking to image of Roast Beef in relation to events in their lives that aren't really that depressing. Basically I think that R. Beef is used by people here at TOUAMB (and probably by Onstad) to help cope with sadness through humor, and maybe to remind them that there's always somebody having a crappier time.

I was just joking on the first post. In hindsight, I should have used better wording, or perhaps a well placed "NOT!". The second was just a poorly executed attempt to point out that I was joking.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up