Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad did a bad thing! (10-16-03)  (Read 2352 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Onstad did a bad thing! (10-16-03)
« on: October 16, 2003, 01:29:55 pm »

Onstad mentioned slashdot.com in his latest strip.  Now all sorts of people are going to be going to slashdot, and the servers will not be able to handle the traffic, and it will go down.  I call it the "achewood effect."

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:41:28 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Onstad did a bad thing!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 01:43:53 pm »

Boy, I sure hope he doesn't mention Fark.

Or, god forbid, this forum.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Onstad did a bad thing!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 02:51:15 pm »

Quote from: "revdj"
Onstad mentioned slashdot.com in his latest strip.  Now all sorts of people are going to be going to slashdot, and the servers will not be able to handle the traffic, and it will go down.  I call it the "achewood effect."


That would be somewhat righteous.
Fortunately I've never hosted an article that's been linked by them. So I can just laugh and get pissed off when I want to read soemthing they've destroyed. And then spend a night searching the google archives.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Onstad did a bad thing!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 12:03:56 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Or, god forbid, this forum.


This forum is up there.  Check it out, it's partially obscured by the speech bubble that reads "computer hella crashin' and goin' black"

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Onstad did a bad thing!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 03:54:36 am »

I dont see it.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Onstad did a bad thing!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 03:58:12 am »

I gotta second andalucia on this one and say "Nuh-uh".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Onstad did a bad thing!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 04:34:56 am »

I really liked how the last panel said "a bullet to the skull is te quickest way" and really a bullet in roast beefs spinal collumn is giving him wireless internet right in his BRAIN all this time. the irony is deafening.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: [1]   Go Up