I had a party at my new home with my in-laws and some friends to celebrate Pedro's birthday. He was actually born on Labor Day 1979, so four years out of seven his birthday falls on the holiday weekend (if you count Friday as part of the weekend). Then we chilled out and watched some of Season 10 of The Simpsons, which Pedro got with the gift card his parents gave him and which is the first season we didn't see much of when it was actually on.
Also, I felt Baby Bo kick this afternoon. I have felt little flutters before now but today was the first actual "hey! i'm in here!" kind of movement. It was neat.
Also, as I was typing this, I had to run into the bedroom and comfort my child, who either bit his tongue as he was drifting off to sleep or had his first night terror (Pedro has them and they tend to be hereditary). When I scooped him up he was trembling and he drifted back to sleep in my arms with tears still running down his cheeks.
This is the terrible wonder of being a parent: at the moments when you feel most helpless, your child relies on you most completely.