Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...  (Read 10586 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Morelaak

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« on: September 03, 2007, 10:01:27 pm »

Exactly what it sounds like. post your favorite responses to drinks like "the Drink of Tomorrow" or "the Satellite TV".

here's one i came up with....

The Dead Llama: "Five shots of the Jaeg, a package of airline peanuts and a bottle cap, all in 15 seconds.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 11:38:10 pm »

That sort of went poorly.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Who the hell is this guy?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:50:34 pm »

yikes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 01:10:21 am »

Today I saw the episode of The Simpsons where Homer makes a drink called The Lawnmower.  It's wheatgrass and vodka.  I Laughed.  Out Loud. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 01:18:16 am »

I guess I'm not adventurous enough to play this game. I can't come up with a single drink that doesn't revolve around the ludicrous amounts of cat hair that float around my house despite 2x weekly vacuumings.

Today I saw the episode of The Simpsons where Homer makes a drink called The Lawnmower.  It's wheatgrass and vodka.  I Laughed.  Out Loud. 

Oh jeez, that's AWESOME! Hee! When I worked as a barista, I worked with an adorable rawfoods vegan girl named Beth. She was straightedge and did not drink, so she talked me into doing wheatgrass shots with her. They taste awful, and a Lawnmower shot would be the ideal use for them. Or at the very least, follow a shot of wheatgrass with a wedge of lemon, tequila-style.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 02:15:15 am »

This is a drink I call 'Coca-Cola':

-High Fructose Corn Syrup
-Caramel Color
-Phosphoric Acid
-Natural Flavors
-Caffeine

The secret to getting it right is in the high fructose corn syrup. You just can't stroll into your local neighborhood market these days and expect to pick up a quality high fructose corn syrup, not like they used to make in the old days at least. I remember when family recipes for high fructose corn syrup were passed down from mother to daughter with love and care. How times have changed...

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 02:33:10 am »

Quote
adorable rawfoods vegan girl named Beth. She was straightedge and did not drink

see, it says something bad about me that I read this and thought "she sounds hot."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 02:53:46 am »

I don't know what it says about me but I didn't think she sounded hot.

I thought "oh, man, I sure don't like people who would clearly judge the hell out of me".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:07:46 am »

I'm with inev.  She sounded hot to me. 

I'm envisioning black lipstick and pink hair. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 03:09:37 am »

Well, at least a vegan who doesn't drink would be cheap to buy dinner for on a date.  You could spend the money you saved on a steak and a tall frosty one for yourself.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 03:11:29 am »

rawfoods vegan. 

Hot, but impossible to shop for. 

Nobody's perfect. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 03:24:46 am »

Here's one I'm calling a "Fallujah Fizz":

Mix nitroglycerin and vodka, drop in an Alka-Seltzer tablet, and shake well. It's so good and your 72 virgins will never smell the liquor on your breath.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 03:34:22 am »

Up here we like 7up, Listerine, Nyquil, and a couple squirts of that alcohol-based hand sanitizer. I'd give it a catchy name, but I think I'm losing my vision.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 04:58:20 am »

Up here we like 7up, Listerine, Nyquil, and a couple squirts of that alcohol-based hand sanitizer. I'd give it a catchy name, but I think I'm losing my vision.

Jesus, can't you decant some hooch into some empty shampoo bottles or Mountain Dew bottles at home and then smuggle them in? Man. That's how my crap dude's friends smuggled hooch to him in Iraq through the mail.

I'm with inev.  She sounded hot to me. 

She was highly cute. Also, lfm, you needn't worry because she was very non-judgmental. Which is pretty rare for many vegans, IMHO. When I was in college all the other vegans I knew were like obnoxious born-again Christians in their haughtiness, self-righteousness, and propensity to proselytize.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 05:11:27 am »

I just like squeezing a lime into Dr. Pepper.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up