Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...  (Read 10585 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 11:10:07 pm »

I can pretty easily imagine someone drinking a Bud and thinking "You know what this really needs? Some kind of actual flavour." From there it seems pretty reasonable that one of them would have gone down the vongole route.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 11:15:16 pm »

I can pretty easily imagine someone drinking a Bud and thinking "You know what this really needs? Some kind of actual flavour." From there it seems pretty reasonable that one of them would have gone down the vongole route.

Right, because the best selling beer in history is totally flavorless? Yea A-B really dropped the ball on this one, what were thinking when we grabbed a 52% market share on beer in north America. Obviously our product is severely flawed. Whatever.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2007, 11:38:14 pm »

Even though that comment wasn't serious, I feel obliged to point out that being popular and being tasty are not the same thing. I'm pretty sure the most popular bread round these parts is cheap white sliced, but that doesn't mean it's a symphony of flavour.

Really, though, I'm sure Bud is a shining example of its own kind of lager. It was just one little tongue-in-cheek comment. Though it was admittedly a rather clichéd one and I can see how it might get pretty irritating, so my sincerest apologies for that.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:34 pm »

To be fair though, arachnocapitalist, most of the alcohol sold throughout human history is bought because it will get you drunk inexpensively without tasting so horrible that you immediately vomit or blinding you.

Most beer is purchased not for flavour but for price point and the ability to get you fucked up... and what large-breasted horror-movie hosts or comical dogs endorse the beer... and what's for sale where you drink it and...

Quite often, basically whatever was the first brand you started drinking when you first started drinking, akin to how most guys end up just sort of cheering for whatever sports teams their dads cheered for, not out of merit just out of momentum.

Flavour, for better or for worse, is probably very low on the choice totem, especially as mass marketed beers go.

All reasonably-affordable beers basically taste awful to my palate.

You're drinking it to get drunk or else you'd pay for something much more expensive that, like, tastes good.

You should know this... but you are torn between your loyalty to arachno-capitalist theory and your vocation as a brewsman.

I hate to say it but in this case, Adam's Invisible Spider Hand is probably the one to listen to.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 11:45:14 pm »

there are many beers below A-Bs price point and even in markets where Coors light is cheaper, Bud still comes out on top. People prefer the taste of Bud, I dont know why. Its personally not my favorite beer and I doubt there are many people who say that its the BEST beer in the world, but its not some dog piss, either.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 11:47:02 pm »

Suddenly I feel an unpleasant sensation of guilt for my ready access to affordable real ale.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 11:54:13 pm »

Fair enough, arachnocapitalist, like I say... I basically can't tell the difference between inexpensive beers EITHER way, if I have to get drunk and they're all I've got, I drink 'em. No more, no less.

My brother swears by Coors Light despite the fact that I can barely swallow the stuff, however he has teetered on the edge of alcoholism on-and-off from the age of fifteen on so... like... his tastes might not discriminate alls that much.

MOR beers are like babies to me... they all look like Winston Churchhill or, rather, they all taste like him.

It could well be the best tasting affordable beer, I got no idea.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2007, 12:21:33 am »

What the fuck is this Clamato abomination? Tomato juice and clam juice?

Yes. It's also the basis of the Caesar, Canada's national cocktail, which briefly appeared on the back of the 20-cent piece.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 02:28:34 am »

It's true.  I drank virgin Caesars as a kid.  No jokes.  I love that shit.  Personally I prefer it with a pickle rather than the more traditional celery though.  As I mentioned long long ago, on the shelf with the tomato juice, V8 and Clamato are the bottles of strait clam juice, in case you need to clam up your own tomato juice.  Thankfully I have instinctually known better than to get drunk of Caesars.  I'm glad I've never puked up Clamato.  That would be too vile.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2007, 03:05:22 am »

Yes. It's also the basis of the Caesar, Canada's national cocktail, which briefly appeared on the back of the 20-cent piece.

What the hell? I tried to type in the correct url (/C a e s a r cocktail) but the board keeps parsing it to just /cocktail. WTF? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cocktail
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2007, 04:00:10 am »

there are many beers below A-Bs price point and even in markets where Coors light is cheaper, Bud still comes out on top. People prefer the taste of Bud, I dont know why. Its personally not my favorite beer and I doubt there are many people who say that its the BEST beer in the world, but its not some dog piss, either.

No, no - it is some dog piss. You make the third or fourth worst beer in the world. It's ok. It ain't the worst, but don't be fooling yourself. I mean, does that mean you were really into Billy Ray Cyrus back in the day?

Sorry, I'm in the world's foulest fuck*ng mood. Fuck absolutely everyone. fuck*ng shitty fuck*ng job.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2007, 04:18:20 am »

So...  the big question is, do you drink Clamato hot?  On ice?  Room temperature?  I'd rather dip bread in clam juice than ice it up and drink it.

does not compute
Logged
~

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2007, 04:35:33 am »

Piping hot, in a parfait glass with an asparagus spear, and then you pour it into the toilet.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2007, 04:59:58 am »

What the hell? I tried to type in the correct url (/C a e s a r cocktail) but the board keeps parsing it to just /cocktail. WTF? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cocktail


Oddly the Clamato entry has all the info on the Caesar, but wiki doesn't send you there.

Also in regard to temperature, it is always served ice cold, usually with ice cubes.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: New Drinks in the Style of Ray and Showbiz...
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2007, 05:07:24 am »

What the hell? I tried to type in the correct url (/C a e s a r cocktail) but the board keeps parsing it to just /cocktail. WTF? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cocktail


Someone is doing a little comedy bit with the board censors. It has been going on for a few days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up