Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quechup  (Read 2843 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Quechup
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:39:56 pm »

I know some of you folks are on Myspace, Facebook, and the like, and it seems another networking site has popped up that is rather unscrupulous in its recruitment techniques. 

Long story short: decline all invitations. 

Short story long: read this article. 

Bad business, people. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Quechup
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:38:13 pm »

I always used to be the sort to assume that something was down to incompetence rather than lack of scruples.

It's disheartening to realise that I've changed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Quechup
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 02:02:10 pm »

The name of the site alone is much too twee for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Quechup
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:13:34 pm »

I think I had a dream that I got emails from all my friends inviting me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Quechup
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:29:50 pm »

I'm disappointed that this thread is not about a cheese-based ketchup from Mexico, perhaps invented by Lonis Edison.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Quechup
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 12:22:27 am »

I'm disappointed that this thread is not about a cheese-based ketchup from Mexico, perhaps invented by Lonis Edison.

Heh! Totally astute. Would you be disappointed in ... a tiny can?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Quechup
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 11:48:32 pm »

I got an invitation for something called WAYN that suggested doing the same thing.

Call me old-fashioned, but any time a site says, "Give us your Yahoo! and AIM screen name and password, and we'll take it from there," I hit my back button with all due speed.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Quechup
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 01:09:15 am »

I got an invitation for something called WAYN that suggested doing the same thing.

Call me old-fashioned, but any time a site says, "Give us your Yahoo! and AIM screen name and password, and we'll take it from there," I hit my back button with all due speed.

Some of my friends persuaded me to sign up for WAYN, Where Are You Now. It's basically a horrible interface so you can see all the places your friends have been. It's kind of like a travel social network.  I get occasional emails from them even though I have tried to change my settings. I canceled my account with them because it was too annoying.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Quechup
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 01:27:14 am »

facebook asked for my AIM SN and password, and I gave it.

it found a bunch of random internet friends who I used to play Neverwinter Nights with?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Quechup
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 03:50:16 am »

facebook asked for my AIM SN and password, and I gave it.

it found a bunch of random internet friends who I used to play Neverwinter Nights with?
Facebook asked for my AIM screen name and password, and I said "screw you, buddy!"

This is mostly because I trust a faceless corporation even less with that kind of thing than I would another human being.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.
Pages: [1]   Go Up