Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit  (Read 11487 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2007, 02:31:35 pm »

Don't forget the CCU and OIBITDA for the added data plans!  Which carrier do you work for?  I'm at one of the smaller regionals.

I'm with #3, the one with the pretty LED animation TV commercials. 
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2007, 03:54:01 pm »


I'm with the possible #6, depending on our merger talks.   You may have seen our green K's around your area.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2007, 05:13:55 pm »

My shorthand is that any faith that suggests that you need a living human intermediary between yourself and the divine is a scam.

A priest, an imam, a pastor, a rabbi, a whatever the hell Scientologists call the dudes that run those little fake lie detectors over your hands... once there's someone else who's just a people standing between you and whatever you call the transcendent...

That middle man suddenly has the power to demand money or sex or service from you in the name of the cosmic umbrella, things that the cosmic umbrella could never possibly need because it's the fuck*ng cosmic umbrella and it could make whatever the hell it actually needed.

Even if there are the occasional priests or shamans who maybe don't ask anything of you, most of them have, most of them do and even for the well-intentioned the potential is always there... and you'd better believe that their successor is gonna give into that temptation if they don't.

Every sentience is equal in the face of the unknowable, equally tiny, equally sacred.

Anybody saying otherwise is just trying to get your money, get you to kill for them or get you to let them rock your can.

This is just my personal opinion but it has served me pretty well.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2007, 06:33:54 pm »

Hm.

I guess, of those catergories, I'm closest to "ghoul"?

I suppose I have a ghoulish sense of humour, if I've spent much of my life trying to figure out what the most disturbing idea in the world could possibly be.

I have two, one more offensive, one more disgusting and... I'll tell you... The Aristrocrats ain't got nothing on me. I suppose that's a little ghouly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 09:05:39 pm »

A priest, an imam, a pastor, a rabbi, a whatever the hell Scientologists call the dudes that run those little fake lie detectors over your hands...

They call him an Auditor.  I suppose since they serve the same function as an IRS agent (removing cash from your pocket) this makes sense.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2007, 09:31:17 pm »

I feel like there is a big difference between religious guys who direct you in your own "personal relationship" and understanding with the diety/Jesus/etc and the ones who are basically there to tell you that you are going to hell, and then take your money.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2007, 09:41:01 pm »

Inev, I need to sit by the fire, I've got such as rheumatism, and your momma gonna burn if we don't agree on stuff.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2007, 06:19:53 am »

I was sleeping so well, and then one of her damn friends called and woke me up. I didn't recognize the number so I didn't pick up. Naturally they did not leave a voicemail. Fuck you guys, seriously. Stop calling me. Now I can't go back to sleep. Also the computer I just bought died spectacularly. WTF.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2007, 07:58:14 am »

Ugh... I still can't sleep. I thought I might still be awake because I was hell of hungry. I just had 2 taquitos, we'll see if that helps. I wish I had gone to my damn storage unit earlier today and gotten my kettle and tea out...some chamomile tea might do the trick.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2007, 08:18:53 am »

Diphenhydramine, over-the-counter generic sleepaid. The stuff they put in Tylenol PM except without the acetometaphine.

Only the, uh, PM.

Whatever the maximum safe listed dose is. Probably 100 mg of the active ingredient. Should be very effective.

I'm fading from it, myself, right now. Find myself writing in the pattern Rorsharch thinks in "Watchmen".

Pretty high on it now, really. Difficult typing ahead.

Knowing things, even knowing everything knowable, not necessarily useful.

All facts have a contradictory counter-fact that is at least as argueable. Mental gridlock. Cosmic gridlock. No i-Ching to cast.

Everything all at once cancelling itself out in its totality.

Reality as a dildo so big God Herself cannot fuck it. She strains and aches and is rendered motionless by Her greediness and Her endless ability to build the better penistrap. All is masturbatory. Fleetingly pleasant but ultimately lonely and too goddamned messy.

Knowing that which amoungst the things you know is useful in this situation, in that situation, is real wisdom.

Knowing without knowing which of these things are worth knowing, this is futility defined.

Wasted time and terrible gibberish.

Night, kids.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2007, 03:14:13 pm »

Can somebody near LFM kidnap him, give him more drugs, and chain him to a typewriter? 

I'm anxious for the Great American Novel, you see. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2007, 04:17:58 pm »

I dunno.  Stephen King seems okay now, and he doesn't even remember writing Kujo. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2007, 06:05:24 pm »

I dunno.  Stephen King seems okay now, and he doesn't even remember writing Kujo. 

In 9th grade I finished that book during Trig.   I cried.  In math class, for no outwardly perceptible reason. 

Fuck you quadratics.  Fuck you.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2007, 06:12:18 pm »

I used to cry in math class all the time. 

But that was because I am really bad at math. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible rate plan w/ Cingular plus recycled phone number bullshit
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2007, 08:08:15 pm »

Oh man, crying in math class and trying hard to not cry in math class... those are seminal parts of the highschool experience for me.  Remember that Seinfeld where George and Jerry flash back to their horrible Coach who called George "Can't-stand'ya?"  That was basically my math teacher.  Behavior wise, that was Mr. Lindal.  He liked to mock people when they didn't know something or had a question, and he called everyone a loser.  What an asshole.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up