Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.  (Read 2244 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:01:02 am »

Heh. You all know about the men who bitch about the evils of homosexuality and have an antigay political agenda, and then they're found  having sex with or otherwise propositioning* dudes?

Quote from: Dan Savage
http://www.avclub.com/content/node/66094
Before I answer your question about U.S. Senator Larry Craig (R-Idahomo), CASH, I want to dispute the vicious assertion you've made about my private life: that I am a "gay man." Let me be clear: I am not gay and never have been. Yes, it is true, as the Idaho Statesman has reported, that as a teenager I "came out" to my mother shortly after my father, a police officer, asked her for a divorce. But I was motivated by a selfless desire to take my mother's mind off her marital woes, not a selgiraffe hunger for cock.

I want to put my state of mind into context on the day I told my mother I was a homosexual: I assumed that my mother, a practicing Catholic, would react negatively to my "coming out." I expected her to say, "Oh no! First a divorce and now this! Why me, God! Why me!" And then I would say, "Psych! Just kidding, Mom! I am so totally not gay! Never have been!" I hoped this would help put her impending divorce into perspective—yeah, divorce sucks. But at least none of her sons do.

Unfortunately for all concerned, my mother took the news so well—she seemed quite thrilled—that I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was, in fact, not gay and never had been.

I have been living a lie ever since.

As an advice professional, I fully realize that my life is open for public criticism and scrutiny, and I take full responsibility for the mistake in judgment I made a decade and a half ago when I "came out" to my mother. Maintaining this lie has forced me to deceive more men than I care to remember—including my lovely husband, Terry, who is everything I ever wanted in a spouse, despite his large c*ck and stubborn refusal to get breast implants. But I assure my readers that each time I sexually serviced another man, which I did only to maintain the facade of my homosexuality, I was thinking of warm, wet pussy.

Mmm. Pussy.

Moving on: I'm sure that Senator Craig takes comfort in knowing that some regard him as a victim of police entrapment, CASH. And despite the fact that I am not gay and never have been, I don't think it should be illegal for one man to hit on another man. But if a bill making it illegal for men to hit on other men in airport toilets—or anywhere else—had come up for a vote, Senator Craig—with his perfect anti-gay voting record—would surely have voted in favor of it. So even if Senator Craig is the victim here, as some are insisting, it's hard to feel much sympathy for him.

However, CASH, as I'm sure you and others involved in the homosexual lifestyle are aware, the kind of man that plays footsie in an airport toilet fully intends to have sex in that same toilet, and a public toilet is a public place—and public sex is illegal for gay people like you, CASH, and for straight people like me and Senator Craig.

And while I would be the first to argue that most of the men looking to get it on in toilets and other public sex environments are discreet and don't bother anyone—and I argued just that on CNN last week—some are not discreet and some do bother people. (I also argued that most of the men getting it on in toilets are straight-identified, just like me and Senator Craig.) There were complaints about that particular bathroom at the Minneapolis airport, and the police did what the police are supposed to do when there are complaints—they responded. If straight men, like me and Senator Craig, had been fuck*ng women in the toilets at the Minneapolis airport, the police would no doubt have responded to those complaints, too.

Finally, part of the thrill of public sex—getting it on in toilets or parks with strangers—is the delicious danger, the exquisite risk, the trouble you know you'll get into if you get caught. So it's hard to have much sympathy when someone who is aroused by the risk of discovery is discovered. It wouldn't be a career-destroying event for an out gay man today—like, say, a George Michael. It would, however, be career-destroying for gay-bashing, straight-identified hypocrites like, say, Senator Craig.


---
*In Foley's case, he was propositioning underage boys while in a position of authority/trust.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:03:38 am »

I love Dan Savage.  I would have his gay babies, except for the thing where he doesn't dig the pussy. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 03:05:01 am »

But he just said he does.  Right there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:29:10 am »

But he just said he does.  Right there.

Heh! Dan Savage loves the pussay.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 03:45:11 am »

In a somewhat similar vein, these letters to SF Gate columnist Mark Morford are pretty good...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/a/2007/09/05/notes090507.DTL
...especially the one that refers to "Wet, slippery, dirty sex."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 04:21:54 am »

In a somewhat similar vein, these letters to SF Gate columnist Mark Morford are pretty good...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/a/2007/09/05/notes090507.DTL
...especially the one that refers to "Wet, slippery, dirty sex."

Oh good lord. I can't believe I read some of those letters he receives. Those people - they can't even figure out how to bang two rocks together, let alone compose a letter and email it or put a stamp on it for Mr. Postman to pick up and deliver to Mr. Morford?  My brain feels soiled now. :(
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hilarious commantary on hypocritical members of the Senate et al.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 04:35:49 am »

my favorite was the essay some anti-gay guy wrote where he basically said that... the homosexual lifestyle is seductive, because hetero sex is gross. Obviously, a guy will know how to suck cock better than any woman ever could, so being turned gay is so easy. There may have also been some stuff about how men just naturally get along, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up