Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.  (Read 1607 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:24:29 pm »

Quote from: Chris Onstad
September 2007
There Goes a Special Boy
We mourn the loss of Adam Finley — journalist, early champion of Achewood. Adam's 2003 interview with us is here.

Dude passed away. This is so sad. He died when he was hit by a bus last Thursday in Minneapolis. The only things he had on him at the time were his keys and iPod. Apple employees were able to trace the iPod back to Finley and thereby identify him.

Kellichou cycles avidly, she has a RoadID on her shoe with emergency contact info. I have a RoadID bracelet somewhere that I REALLY need to dig out and take with me the next time I go road biking.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 07:35:54 pm by linnea »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 08:14:36 pm »

God, that's terrible, although it's good that they were able to identify him.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:34:02 pm »

I just hope I die while being hugged, and not while in a wine drinking contest.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:20:11 pm »

I just hope I die while being hugged, and not while in a wine drinking contest.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03242003

?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:10:28 am »

I have to wonder...was he listening to the iPod? I know a lot of people do that. It doesn't seem very safe. A friend of mine in high school put a big dent in a truck with his person because he was listening to headphones on his bike. He was in the hospital for a long time and always seemed a bit different afterwards. Anyway. I guess I'm trying to  diminish the social acceptability of wearing headphones while biking. Also, I'm a former bike commuter (and would be to this day had they renewed my contract) so I'm not trying to start a bike rider vs. automobile rider thing.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1]   Go Up