Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Snakes in a Drink  (Read 5694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Snakes in a Drink
« on: September 13, 2007, 07:06:14 pm »



A co-worker just brought this by.  Another co-worker just got back from a trip to Southeast Asia, and brought this back for him as a present.  It's some kind of booze.  With snakes in it.  Two of them.  One's a cobra.  It's biting the other one.

I realize this is very non-multi-cultural of me, and many people around the world would think me very strange indeed for enjoying something as artificial as Pop-Tarts.  But, see, THERE ARE MOTHERfuck*ng SNAKES IN THIS BOTTLE.  And you're supposed to DRINK THIS STUFF.

You'd have to stack the cash pretty high before I'd do a shot with you.  I bet Nabu would do it though.
ADDITION:  And Bobby.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:02:32 pm by carlosdelvaca »
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 07:20:25 pm »

Oh, man. There's this spirit at my local that has what look like chicken-egg chalazae suspended in it and tastes like extremely potent, used cleaning fluid. I would take the snake-booze any day.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:40:19 pm »

Jesus, that looks like Hepatitis in a bottle to me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:08 pm »

I wonder how that happened - getting the cobra biting the other snake.  Did they stick the cobra in the bottle first, then get the other one in there so the cobra would bite it (since cobras mostly eat other snakes, this seems reasonable) then gas it quickly?  It would seem to be difficult to gas one outside the bottle, then thread it in, along with the victim, and still keep the bite in place.   Mysteries.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:53:56 pm »

I have a sneaking suspicion that they killed them both and then clamped one corpse's jaw into place. I think it's a wide enough bottle for that to be practical, if the biting business is intentional and not just a fluke.

Always assuming they're not rubber snakes, of course. I think Carlos should take a bite, just to be sure.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 12:00:08 am »

Looks like just the thing for washing down a hearty plate of rabbit ears!

I suppose this thread will reveal what kind of... drinkie? we have on the boards, then.  I think I might be game for this one... not to start off the evening, obviously, but once I'd become sufficiently intoxicated I could pretend I didn't know what I was doing and down a shot or three.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 12:01:15 am »

bring on the snake liquor! the rest of you are pansies. Extra bonus points if theres a chance of venom!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 12:21:51 am »

I am upset about being called a pansy after declaring that I would be willing to sample the snake-booze.

There are so many more justified reasons for calling me a pansy!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 03:07:06 am »

Once I drank some Chinese liquor made of Peas and something that we make chewing gum out of.  Since then, I stick to Western Liquors, thank you very much.


I ate a Moe's Burrito within five minutes after the shot, but the taste was still there.  It stayed for two days.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Vietnamese Liquor
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 03:39:28 am »

My friend was given a bottle of snake liquor brought back from Vietnam as a souvenir.

If I drank alcohol I would have totally tried it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 04:14:49 am »

I love the look of "delight" on the lady's face.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 05:23:27 am »

Paul doesnt drink alcohol? my world is shattered
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 06:29:23 am »

Yeah, paul, she looks really thrilled to be holding that. *(hurrr hurrr, that's what she said) ((sorry, it had to be said, it was too obvious))

I agree with Mel, that looks like hepatitis waiting to happen. Who knows what kinds of disease lurks in dead reptiles that are suspended in alcohol. If you would do shots out of Keith Moon's head-suspending vodka, then snakes in a jar oughta be a piece of cake.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 06:32:47 am by linnea »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 08:10:38 am »

I would totally drink that. I love me exotic booze.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Vietnamese Liquor
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 01:20:33 pm »

My friend was given a bottle of snake liquor brought back from Vietnam as a souvenir.

If I drank alcohol I would have totally tried it.

Damn, Paul, that looks like it came from the same muthafuckin' snake booze store.

I'll have you people know it's all I can do to keep from posting "We got MUTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES!" in every topic.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up