Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!  (Read 5338 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« on: September 18, 2007, 04:17:42 am »

This was my childhood.

A Philippe-abuse strip in the classic mold.  The onomatopoeias really sell this one - even better then the one with the king piss where he was all "Garble gabble gobble greeble" and suchlike.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:31:11 am »

This one hit close to home.

Ever since the accident, "vag-guh-Guh GUH!" is how I'm forced to pronouce the word "pu$$y."
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:34:56 am »

nice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 04:45:56 am »

The otter, equipped with a furry face and lacking opposable thumbs, is unable to remove the gum from his fur.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:23:03 am »

That last panel of Teodor helping Philippe with his head wound is kind of touching, in a weird way.

Also, I recall my learning to blow bubbles being a huge event when I was a kid. I was maybe six or seven, which I guess is way behind the curve on this? I had Fine Motor Problems as a wee kid.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 05:23:36 am »

Wow, this one is like an old school Batman.

WHANK!

KRAK!

AH-GROOBAH-PFUH!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 05:35:09 am »

THIS NOT FUNny
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 05:39:01 am »

THIS NOT FUNny

Dude, I know you're sensitive about your inability to blow bubbles, but I told you I'd help you with it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

isaacs_law

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 06:00:17 am »

The panel of Teodor's bubble breaking is basically viscerally horrifying.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 06:38:55 am »

I still can't blow bubbles very well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 09:12:53 am »

Also, I recall my learning to blow bubbles being a huge event when I was a kid. I was maybe six or seven, which I guess is way behind the curve on this? I had Fine Motor Problems as a wee kid.

Like I said, this was my childhood.  I didn't learn to blow bubbles until I was about nine or ten.  When I was in second grade, one of my classmates had a bubblegum-themed birthday party, during school (it was Fun Friday or something like that), and I was the only one who couldn't blow bubbles.  Took me a long time to live that one down.  I don't think I ever sustained a head injury, but I can definitely feel for poor Philippe here.

Then, over one magical summer, everything finally clicked and I could blow bubbles like nobody's business.  Wherever I went, I'd take along a couple packs of watermelon Bubblicious, stuff five pieces at a time in my mouth, and blow bubbles literally bigger than my head.  They were so big I couldn't suck all the air back into my mouth, and I had to deflate them by poking holes in them with a pencil just to keep them from bursting and getting in my hair.  Eventually my head got bigger and my lungs didn't, and the magic faded, but when I'm at my parent's house I still occasionally come across an old gum-encrusted pencil.  They're pretty gross now, obviously, but never enough so to overcome the wave of nostalgia they bring, and I always put them back.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 10:50:36 am »

This is some good stuff. I also had bubble blowing issues.

Also: that is a hell of an expression phillipe is rocking in the fourth to last panel.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 10:54:55 am »

While Phillipe's expressions are meant to be the focus of the strip, it's Teodor's expression in panel four that really horrifies me. His mouth seems to twist and fold in on itself like a goddamned Klein bottle.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 12:34:10 pm »

"Whank"
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: September 18th, 2007 - Eroghree-vag-guh-Guh GUH!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 12:49:31 pm »

This was a great strip. Solid A from me.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up