I can blow bubbles and whistle, but apparently I look kind of funny when I do either because I am lopsided. The muscles on the left side of my mouth don't work very well, and while this has never been a problem in terms of speaking or eating, I often end up looking rather like I'm smirking instead of smiling because I have intentionally focus on raising both corners of my mouth. I think this is why posed photos never seem to "look like me." I sort of whistle out of the corner of my mouth and when I blow a bubble with bubble gum I do all the oral gymnastics on the right side.
Fortunately, Pedro thinks my smirk is adorable. My brother has this problem too, so maybe it's some sort of genetic maladaptation. I guess it's just another special way in which I'm broken.
Pedro can't see colors. He went to the recycling center last week and the guy told him, "Plastic and aluminum in the green bins; cardboard in the brown ones." He had to ask the guy which ones were which. It doesn't come up often, but every so often something happens that reminds us that color-blindness is actually a little bit of a disability. Moreso than not being able to blow a bubble, but less than not being able to tie your own shoes.