Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: We-Adore V-Adore!  (Read 4327 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
We-Adore V-Adore!
« on: September 22, 2007, 07:18:17 am »

Today, on this day, being your Birthday, I wish to express my joy in the fact that you are alive and are present on this message board!

Happy Birthday!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:29:43 am »

Oh, crap, it's technically my birthday!

Aw dang. Well, thanks.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 08:01:47 am »

Oh, crap, it's technically my birthday!

Aw dang. Well, thanks.

Well... damn... happy birthday I guess?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 04:06:34 pm »

Pedro and Little P are at a street painting festival, but they would probably say Happy Birthday if they were here.  Little P just learned how to sing the song, even.  It's adorable. 

Robbie and I, however, wish you many happy returns -- me with this message, and him with furious kicking. 

Just think!  You're still closer to twenty than to thirty!  Enjoy that while it lasts, and do something mildly irresponsible today. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 07:14:25 pm »

Yay V!

Have a rockin' good birthday!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 07:28:07 pm »

The world definitely has more awesome in it because you are around.

Happy birthday.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 09:21:33 pm »

Are you eating nachos right now? Well why the hell not?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 09:29:26 pm »

I'll make myself some nachos when I sit down to watch Labyrinth with my mom.

EXCITING BIRTHDAY HIJINX
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 09:30:15 pm »

With extra cheese!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 03:44:29 am »

Happy Birthday lady.  Huuuuuuugs.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 05:24:43 pm »

Happy
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 10:41:05 pm »

V, you are so awesome. Enjoy the birthday nachos!!

(I would have posted this earlier but I just got home from a weekend in the mountains).
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 12:00:45 am »

I did not eat nachos. Perhaps tomorrow.

On the plus side, I got one of those ice cream "cakes" which has no actual cake content, which made me happy beyond words. I've never been a cake fan.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 02:29:06 pm »

But, but... Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!
Yummy cake!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: We-Adore V-Adore!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 02:44:50 pm »

I'm with V.  Cake sucks. 

I haven't had cake for my birthday since I was nine.  We always have ice cream cake or cheesecake.  Usually ICC since Pedro is afraid of the idea of cream cheese.  And for his birthday, we always have Giant Cookie. 

We had cake at my wedding, over my strenuous objections. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up