Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes  (Read 3758 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:53 am »

PERMALINK EDITED IN BY V

I appreciate the value of a 1983 Mercedes in a general sort of way, yet I've never been a big fan of cocaine.

What does that tell you?  I don't know.  I like other Northern European cars of the same vintage.  Your VW's, your Volvo's, your SAAB, your dang ol' 2002s.

I just wonder how fat Todd will get before his heart explodes and he dies.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:27:37 am by V-Adore »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 05:27:54 am »

I done fixed yer post.

Also, no comments on "Waterslide Magic?"
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 05:31:42 am »

I like how he had (at least) two pictures of the Mercedes.  A single pic just doesn't capture the f'frikkin awesomeness.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 06:04:38 am »

Oh, Todd.

I shall not comment on this strip, lest my thoughts be branded "lame" by the cocaine-snorting Todd fanboys. Oh, wait, that's AssBar. I did find this strip a poignant insight into Cocaine Ideas, though. I wonder if Onstad had blow-crazy friends in college or something.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 06:31:07 am »

the extent of my Blow experience is one guy.
The two quotes are:

"Wow, Nic was so happy to see me! he just jumped up and hugged me!"
"yeah. um. dan. he is pretty excited about everything right now."
"oh. What? OH!"

and
"hey, sarah, can we go outside? I have a headache."
"What?"
"I need to smoke. I did a bunch of coke last night."
"oh. so... what?"
"well, see, it makes your face go kind of numb. So I was clenching my jaw all night. now my head hurts."
"Oh. Does smoking help?"
"no. it just kills me a little bit."

I love that guy so much. He's one of the biggest assholes I've ever met. But... in a way which is really specific and endearing, if that makes sense.
He laughs and calls his ex-girlfriend a Whore to her face, and then later he is talking about her and uses the phrase "slept together." No other guy my age that I know speaks of these things in such respectful terms... so it's very jarring coming from him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 01:09:49 pm »

i dated a guy this summer who's roomate was just starting to develop a Problem when they moved in together.  he's a couple years younger than me so i still not sure how he was acquiring increasing amounts of money but within a month he was a full-blown coke head.  the worst part was watching his "friend" who'd already been very efficiently addicted for many months move in to create and then leech off this guy's new habit. 

despite all of this, when you catch them later in the day/evening coke heads are a lot of fun.  nothing quotable, but yeah.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 01:10:17 pm »

I done fixed yer post.

Also, no comments on "Waterslide Magic?"

Human chicks or squirrel chicks? How does Todd swing here? And why just handjobs? Think bigger, man!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 03:16:33 pm »

Human chicks or squirrel chicks? How does Todd swing here? And why just handjobs? Think bigger, man!
Surely squirrel chicks, unless magnifying glasses and tweezers are in play.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 03:33:11 pm »

I done fixed yer post.

Also, no comments on "Waterslide Magic?"

Oh dang it!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 06:59:44 pm »

Quote from: CortJstr
And why just handjobs?

The risk of creating children would only add to Todd's Endless Troubles.

He is dumb but he isn't stupid. It's bad enough spending all your money on drugs and being constantly on the run from the cops because your whole life is about drugs and on the run from people you owe money for drugs, baby mommas looking for money would just be another Trouble. And it wouldn't even be drug-related!

On some twisted preternatural level, the cocaine has taken over and... cocaine is smarter than Todd is. It knows that it wants more cocaine and it knows that Todd needs to get off and... it knows that babies are even more expensive than cocaine.

The cocaine has found a compromise and put that compromise in Todd's tiny brain.

That compromise is handjobs.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:16:34 pm »

The tiny cans of Dr. Pepper have taken over my brain, and they command me to give LFM a can. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 11:35:26 pm »

But...he has so many!  The gap between the canned and the canned-nots will increase!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

ritaxis

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 03:27:11 am »

I went through the hell of joining this messageboard so that I could express my infinite gratitude that so fine a comic as "Achewood" is with us. Thank you so much; I've been reading it for four or five years and I'm very pleased with it. This car strip was a wonderful example.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 04:26:12 am »

Are you the same ritaxis who posts on Dumbrella?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 06:25:18 am »

Dude, you could have just posted on AssBar and saved the trouble for you and us.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up